Hey guys;
Yes, I know it's still early to be talking about ice traction devices, but unless I buy mine now, winter will come up on me unexpectedly, and I'll stay home (again).
I own a pair of Kahtoola Nanospikes, which work very well for light ice or packed snow conditions, and even for running (they fit my road and trail running shoes), but I am going to be pushing myself a bit harder this winter on the A.T. and the Catskills in NY this year, so I want to be ready.
I also have a pair of full 12 point climbing crampons, but these only fit my plastic winter boots - and I'm not even sure I can get my (runner's enlarged) feet into those anymore. When I tried last winter, my foot hurt so much I had to abandon the boots.

I will be wearing my spikes on my Lowa Camino boots.

So I'm doing some shopping online today, and find that I can buy the Kahtoola Microspikes at REI, Amazon, or directly from Kahtoola. The price is the same at all 3 ($69.95) but Kahtoola does not offer free shipping (the other two do).
Problem is, I'm a bit put off by the bad reviews I am reading on Amazon. Overall the Microspikes get 5 stars, but when I open the reviews, the first 3-4 of them are bad. People are saying that the materials being used are not up to the standards of 'yesteryear' and that the country of manufacture has also changed.
Honestly, I don't care where the product is manufactured; I care about quality and service.
If my Kahtoola Nanospikes (purchased in Jan 2018) are any indication of the quality, then I will be happy with the Microspikes.
But after doing a search in this forum, I see another product - Hillsound Trail Crampons recommended. Cost appears to be identical to Microspikes, so which ones I choose will be based on quality, function, and customer service.

I came here because I know that I will get honest reviews from people who actually use the product; not those who are trying to sell a product or a competitor trying to sell a different one.
So, what do you recommend?

Thanks
Arden