I posted earlier that in late June I already have arrangements to fly to the region, rent a car to get to the Whites and then do the presidential traverse over a few days from the north staying in huts. The night before I start the hike I have reserved to stay at Joe Dodge Lodge and plan to ride the amc bus first thing in the morning to Appalachia to start the hike and my last night I have scheduled to stay at Shapleigh bunkhouse.

I would prefer to park my car near the Highlands Center and catch a bus to Joe Dodge Lodge and hike back to my car and read of the main parking lot in that area being the one for Crawford Path but I wonder how early on a Sunday morning in late June will I need to be in that lot to easily get a parking place and later catch the amc bus to Joe Dodge.

I am now planning on arriving one day earlier camping in the Layfette campground on a Friday and early the next morning doing the Franconia Ridge loop while I am in the area. From what I read those trails will most likely be packed for the weekend but I will have to accept that.

Because this is my first time to the area I would prefer to camp in a different location each night but would need to park my car somewhat in the Layfette area while hiking that day and then drive to wherever that afternoon with plans to very early the next morning drive to park near Highland Center to a lot to store my car for a few days.

I get the impression that parking must be done as early in the morning as possible because of just so many people in the area. I just wondered if anyone had any parking advise or tips. I had thought of driving some in the area and into Maine for the heck of it but it looks like getting a parking space may prevent a scenic drive.