Well, I suppose I'm starting to feel a bit of the so called Springer Fever as the year anniversary of my starting date is looming. It seems as if many i hiked with have almost shut out their hike and have moved on to bigger and better things. I'm still in college, but already entertaining the thought of another thru-hike. I've used the ides of a SOBO hike to warrant "doing it again". So my question goes out to repeat thru-hikers especially Jack, Wolf, Peaks, Warren and whomever else is able to maybe give some thoughts on this subject. How was it different the second time around. Was it worth doing again? Did it become better, worse or just different? I assume that each hike will include different people, weather, experiences, but did you find the hikes to be THAT different that they felt worth it. After all it is a considerable thing to undertake.
What would be some good things for one to think about before considering another hike? I read a journal from FALCON who attempted to re-thru hike the Trail in 02' and left the trail around Pearisburg because it simply wasn't meeting his expectations and the experiences he already had. He said he knew what was around every turn. How much of that is true?
I'd appreciate if this thread could continue without typical responses such as "there are too many trails to be wasting your time hiking the AT again". There are MANY other trails and areas I wish to hike in, I just simply feel a certain magic on the AT