WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Dainon

Just to say that I found Datto's thru-hiking tips to be one of the best posts I've read -- VERY helpful advice. Thanks for taking the time and effort to write it.

Images

Thank you, thank you, thank you. What a great read. Two years suddenly seems too long to wait to get on the trail.
    "Measure Four Times, Cut Twice"

Images

Thank you, thank you, thank you. What a great read. Two years suddenly seems too long to wait to get on the trail.
    "Measure Four Times, Cut Twice"

Thanks for the great Humor, advise and info. Gettin ready for a April 08 flip-flop thru-hike.North Bound at Harpers Ferry. I'm going to note and use all the info in my take along trip calendar.Very helpful.
    gdeup

Thanks for the great Humor, advise and info. Gettin ready for a April 08 flip-flop thru-hike.North Bound at Harpers Ferry. I'm going to note and use all the info in my take along trip calendar.Very helpful.
    gdeup

Great article, great story. Thanks for your straight-forward advise!
    I'm thru-hiking in March, 2008. I can't wait!
    ..guess I'll keep a livin' till the day I die...

www.trailjournals.com/chuck2008

Great article, great story. Thanks for your straight-forward advise!
    I'm thru-hiking in March, 2008. I can't wait!
    ..guess I'll keep a livin' till the day I die...

www.trailjournals.com/chuck2008

gawddamb. its been just a little over 3 years and i aint even close to getting her out of my system. this article aint helpin

i cant wait to thru the LT in september

gawddamb. its been just a little over 3 years and i aint even close to getting her out of my system. this article aint helpin

i cant wait to thru the LT in september

Images

Wow.
    Thanks Datto.

Images

Wow.
    Thanks Datto.

Default Glad I could help

So glad I could help y'all.

Datto

Default Glad I could help

So glad I could help y'all.

Datto

Default Datto's AT Thru-Hiking Tips

Great article.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Early in my 2000 hike, I would hike past you as you were napping at lunchtime. I remember thinking how you must be a real good hiker to just lay there and not be concerned about making your daily miles. Latter in my hike I was extra tired after lunch one day. So I took a nap. To my surprise, I awoke refreshed and made my miles easier than if I'd forced myself on. I'm a real good napper now and it works great on any trail.

Default Datto's AT Thru-Hiking Tips

Great article.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Early in my 2000 hike, I would hike past you as you were napping at lunchtime. I remember thinking how you must be a real good hiker to just lay there and not be concerned about making your daily miles. Latter in my hike I was extra tired after lunch one day. So I took a nap. To my surprise, I awoke refreshed and made my miles easier than if I'd forced myself on. I'm a real good napper now and it works great on any trail.

I was speechless. I'd just met the guy. Out in the middle of the woods at some logging road. I called Tim a few days later and sure enough he gave us a ride back way out into the boondocks of the woods of Maine at the spot where we came out of the blizzard so we could continue north again from where we'd come off the Trail.
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
    Hello Unregistered,
    Our records indicate that you have never posted to MPT before! Why not make your first post today, and just by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forums will allow you to get a good welcome from the MPT members.
    staffing power
    Sentersoftech

I was speechless. I'd just met the guy. Out in the middle of the woods at some logging road. I called Tim a few days later and sure enough he gave us a ride back way out into the boondocks of the woods of Maine at the spot where we came out of the blizzard so we could continue north again from where we'd come off the Trail.
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
    Hello Unregistered,
    Our records indicate that you have never posted to MPT before! Why not make your first post today, and just by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forums will allow you to get a good welcome from the MPT members.
    staffing power
    Sentersoftech

"One of my hiking buddies that I'd come into Shaw's with chowed down on that meal so much that he had gravy and mashed potatoes and chicken as a mess all over the beard he'd grown along the Trail. He couldn't stop -- neither could I although I didn't have a beard so I looked like I still had some table manners. Ha. Oh we had a good time there at Shaw’s. I took a couple days off and got warmed up finally on the second day. Found some warmer gloves too and that sure made a difference up-trail later."

I think the bearded glutton mentioned in your account was me. Unfortunately, my table manners haven't improved. But that's just another utilitarian value of a beard: leftovers!

"One of my hiking buddies that I'd come into Shaw's with chowed down on that meal so much that he had gravy and mashed potatoes and chicken as a mess all over the beard he'd grown along the Trail. He couldn't stop -- neither could I although I didn't have a beard so I looked like I still had some table manners. Ha. Oh we had a good time there at Shaw’s. I took a couple days off and got warmed up finally on the second day. Found some warmer gloves too and that sure made a difference up-trail later."

I think the bearded glutton mentioned in your account was me. Unfortunately, my table manners haven't improved. But that's just another utilitarian value of a beard: leftovers!

Images

Haha I used to have a DragonFly stove
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++