I sweat a lot from any sort of physical activity, even when I am not really feeling very hot. On a normal hike carrying a pack my back will be completely soaked and my hair will be drenched even in mild weather. Does any body have suggestions/tips for the best gear when dealing with a lot of sweat or any tips to try to stay cool? I am sure that losing weight would help, but even at my thinnest sweating has always been a problem.

For gear right now I wear an Underarmor ball cap which has a pretty good sweat band but at the end of a long hike there will be sweat dripping off the bill. I have tried both synthetic shirts like underarmor, both lose and tight fitting, and a smartwool microweight t-shirt. I like the smartwool shirt a little bit more than the synthetics. I have worn both underarmor and ex officio boxer briefs and I like the ex officios a bit more, as they are not quite as snug. I also keep a pack towel outside of my bag and use it to wipe the sweat off my brow whenever I get a chance. I like to apply gold bond before going on a hike to help prevent chaffing and to keep things cool and dry in the nether regions. My pack is a z65 which allows pretty decent airflow.

I tend to carry and drink a lot of water on the trail because I sweat and I don't want to get dehydrated, and I can easily go through 3+ liters on a 8+ mile hike on a warm day.