I'm looking to make an investment in a top quality backpacking tent. I am looking for a tent that can hold 2 people (comfort is secondary to weight). My sleeping pad and bag are 6'6", which means that I want a tent long enough for my feet to not be brushing up against on of the walls. Also, I want a tent with a floor, so tarps need not apply.

I know that for sleeping bags the top three manufacturers are generally considered to be Western Mountaineering, Valandre, and Feathered Friends. What I don't know, however, is what tent manufacturers would be considered equivalent.

I have been looking at Hilleberg, Kifaru, and Big Agnes, among others. Hilleberg seems tough, but the tents are pretty heavy. Kifaru has an excellent reputation, particularly among hunters, but I don't like pyramid or tipi style floorless tents. I have been reviewing the Big Agnes family of tents, but I'd like to know if there's anything better than them.

I plan on using this tent as my "go to" for most situations except car camping and heavy snow (I have a Kifaru 6 man tipis with a stove for the worst conditions. My two greatest requirements are quality and weight, and I don't particularly care about "nice to have" feature like 2 doors or interior pockets. I plan on making an investment (hence the blank check) on a tent that can handle the widest variety of situations possible. I expect my Western Mountaineering bag to last many years of continued use, and I expect the same of my tent.

So folks, use this as a chance to run wild and spend someone else's money. What is the "Western Mountaineering" of tents?

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.
Thanks!