Ladies!
I've been section hiking the AT with my husband for the past 20 years and we've completed approx. 1427 miles together. It's taken us forever to get this far because we could only take a week or so of vacation time each year to hike. The problem is, he's become a lot less interested & lost motivation over the last few years as age, joint problems, and other interests have caught his attention. I'm 52, he's 61. My problem is, I'm still as interested as I was 20 yrs. ago, and just as passionate about finishing the whole thing. At one time I would have never considered this option, but lately I've been seriously thinking about going for it and completing the Trail on my own (CT thru ME). I could probably finish the remaining part in 2 months or so (I hope!) My present circumstances are such that I could probably take the time to finish my hike or at least knock out a portion of it this summer. My ideal was to have us both on top of Katahdin, having completed the whole thing together, but sadly, that may not happen. I also don't want to be 80 years old and trying to get through the Whites, yikes!

Hiking without my husband is such an unfamiliar idea to contemplate that I don't even know the questions to ask. I'd love to have some feedback from those of you who have spouses that don't hike with you. Any comments are welcome.