In starting back backpacking this year , I revamped almost all of my gear. Some I had purchased years ago and it needed to be replaced. Some , was just TOO HEAVY. After reading tons of forums on the topic. I finally bought a set of digital postal scales. It and a calculator will drive a man crazy. Since that purchase I have weighed evertying I carry, have total weight's for everthing 5 different ways from Sunday. Nalgine empty vs Power Aid bottle empty, and both with water. Alco. stove and fuel vs pocket rocket w/ canister. etc etc etc.. I am happy to say however that I cut base weight a ton.. Orig. 36lbs without food or water.....Now with pack included....14lbs... but where does the weighing ever stop? I am constantly trying to shave more weight.... Im not thur-hiking, but I still dont want to carry weight I dont need to..I think now that I have a very good starting weight I can add a couple of comfort items back... Like that coffee press...lol..Is anyone else obsessed to this extreme?