I met up with a pair of thru-hikers (Sleepwalker and Poptart) on 7/4-7/5 at the Blackrock Hut (I had to bail out of my weekend trip due to knee problems and cut the hike short at the hut). Since I was heading back to my car and driving north, I agreed to slackpack them for a 10-ish mile stretch and drop off their packs at a spot near one of the road crossings before heading out of the park. I dropped the packs off out of sight (ish) in the spot they wanted, in a place that wouldn't really attract the attention of passers-by, but would not be hard at all to spot for someone looking for a pack.

Since I don't really know these guys beyond staying at the same shelter and grabbing some breakfast later on, I don't really have any way of making sure that they found their stuff okay. I know that I put everything where they wanted it and did exactly what they wanted, but I'm a worrier by nature, so I'm curious to see if anyone's encountered them on the trail since the afternoon of 7/5. Also, I kinda assume that if they hadn't found their packs, it would have made it through the grapevine for people in the area, since that would obviously be pretty catastrophic for them.

Obviously, there's not a lot I can do either way, but, seeing as how two guys I'd met 18 hours before were willing to trust me with nearly everything they had, I just want to make sure (if I can) that their stuff made it back to them. I know it's kind of a tall order to find out from a message board post (especially since cell/internet coverage isn't exactly abundant in SNP), but it's all I've got.