Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
Propane is good down to -40F. You can keep the canister upright and it should do well. Butane/iso butane have problems in -10F. You have to keep them warm.
The Soto Micro Regulator Stove has the ability to automatically regulate gas pressure going to the burner head to prevent too much gas being used. It helps us to be efficient in the use of fuel. For sure, using propane is much better than using white gas.

The Brunton stove stand attaches to the propane canister, the Soto stove attaches to the Brunton stove stand. Now that gives me 2 control valves, one at the cansiter and one at the stove. It's my way of incorporating safety in case the canister is tipped over before the stove has properly heated up to evaporate liquid fuel. Having the 2 valves will allow me to use propane in all weather conditions. In theory, this arrangement should work well if a little time is taken at home to become familiar with regulating the gas with the 2 valves.
Thank you for the propane 101 lessons. I just assumed that propane being a liquid gas would have problems in extreme cold. It's when propane is mixed with other gasses is the issue.I like getting out in the cold I'll be looking into a winter stove.