If mummy bags are too confining perhaps one hasn't sufficiently explored different cut mummies, different sized mummies(OMG FF and WM have so many different cuts and sizes alone), and differently designed mummies that have more stretch like Montbell's Super Stretch and cut on the bias/Spiral bags that have more "give", or Nemos, etc. ? Also female mummies tend to be cut differently than unisex or male mummies so that might make the critical comfort difference. I know of some males that prefer sleeping in a female designed bag because the way their male bodies are shaped/sized or sleep. Reverse that. I know of some females that prefer bags designed for males. What I'm getting at is mummy bags differ. They are not all the same. IMHO it's better to understand this demoing and exploring mummy options comprehensively before throwing them out to embrace quilts ...as quilts are in fashion. They are the rage so some things, perhaps negative things, can be ignored in making sweeping quilt and mummy bag generalizations. For example, quilt based sleep systems are always lighter wt, less expensive, or...than conventional mummy bag based sleep systems. That little trapezoid piece of a mummy bag underneath and a hood may make more a difference than quilt promoters tend to suggest are useless wt and bulk. REMEMBER quilts largely were born out of UL philosophy. And even though I label myself as a ULer some ULer's including myself can rah rah their own gear and approaches ignoring critical aspects for other users having different goals, set ups, and approaches...that only become evident through personal usage and crash honesty. ULers can and very often leave out info.