WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    This does not absolve you of using a bear cannister where they are required. The bear may have already raided a trashed mylar bag for instance and you may also have one in your pack.
    What they hell are you even going on about? Who said you don't have to follow rules? All I did was post a benefit to having Mylar bags nothing else. My comment doesn't incinerate anything, nor is it hinting to anything.
    The comment I said has nothing at all to do with anything you just posted. So stop adding unrelated things into taking general statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_C View Post
    What they hell are you even going on about? Who said you don't have to follow rules? All I did was post a benefit to having Mylar bags nothing else. My comment doesn't incinerate anything, nor is it hinting to anything.
    The comment I said has nothing at all to do with anything you just posted. So stop adding unrelated things into taking general statements.
    Alligator (a site admin, by the way) explicitly quoted your post where you said your system "doesn't require a bear canister because interestingly enough believe it or not, animals cannot smell through Mylar."

Perhaps you should reconsider your attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_C View Post
    I'm not even sure you understand the words you are writing. You said using mylar bags would not require a bear cannister because the animals can't smell the food. I isolated your statement in the quote. If that's not what you meant to write, please clarify. I also suggest you check your tone.

I did not mention incineration. I suggested that a bear could smell an opened mylar bag in your trash bag.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++