WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: The Way

Default The Way

Someone here recommended this film staring Martin Sheen and directed by his son Emelio. I couldn't find that thread to add to it. So, I just want to say that after watching the film I too highly recommend it. There are many trails in this life. grayfox

I concur Grayfox, nice movie and excellent trail the Camino. My wife walked if from France to Santiago in Sept/Oct 2011 and I'd have to rank it right up there with the AT as far as personal experience goes. It certainly is easier, ie: light pack, cafés every few kilometers, albergues (hostels everywhere) and fabulous wine. What's not to like?

As a couple, I think it was the most wonderful thing we've ever done together. I thought the movie was a joy to watch. No fancy special effects, no high-speed car chases, no shoot-outs, just honest-to-goodness acting and fabulous scenery. If anything, Emelio failed to capture the true beauty that is the Camino. It is far better eye-candy than the movie presents. I'd say over the 800 km we walked, there were maybe 15 km of walking through an industrial park, or some other eye-sore. All the rest was breathtaking.

I'm currently working on my second book, A FEW MORE ZEROES, and it is about our experiences on the Camino. It is a follow-up to the first book, THREE HUNDRED ZEROES, a story about the AT, which I think many of the readers of Whiteblaze.net have already read. Thanks everyone! I'll post more about the book as the time nears to publish.

Dennis "K1"

K1, thanks for the response here-there is another thread as well, though for some reason my search did not find it when I posted. Looking foreward to your next book. grayfox

Quote Originally Posted by k1ypp View Post
    I concur Grayfox, nice movie and excellent trail the Camino. My wife walked if from France to Santiago in Sept/Oct 2011 and I'd have to rank it right up there with the AT as far as personal experience goes. It certainly is easier, ie: light pack, cafés every few kilometers, albergues (hostels everywhere) and fabulous wine. What's not to like?

As a couple, I think it was the most wonderful thing we've ever done together. I thought the movie was a joy to watch. No fancy special effects, no high-speed car chases, no shoot-outs, just honest-to-goodness acting and fabulous scenery. If anything, Emelio failed to capture the true beauty that is the Camino. It is far better eye-candy than the movie presents. I'd say over the 800 km we walked, there were maybe 15 km of walking through an industrial park, or some other eye-sore. All the rest was breathtaking.

I'm currently working on my second book, A FEW MORE ZEROES, and it is about our experiences on the Camino. It is a follow-up to the first book, THREE HUNDRED ZEROES, a story about the AT, which I think many of the readers of Whiteblaze.net have already read. Thanks everyone! I'll post more about the book as the time nears to publish.

Dennis "K1"
    Just what I needed to hear. My wife and I are planning to start the Camino around Sept. 15th of this year. But first....I have to hike from Springer to Harpers Ferry this Spring/Summer. We rented The Way the other day and really enjoyed it. I also agree....I've seen many photo essays of the hike which portray it in a much more spectacular fashion. We're really looking forward to it. Your other book was awesome...probably won't have a chance to read your Camino book prior to leaving. That would have been nice.

Miguel

++ New Posts ++