WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hosaphone View Post

Still, at least he's not into burglary, etc, anymore. Still possible that he's mostly turned his life around.
    Better yet is that he's not into hiking the AT or any other trail anymore.

Likely more sarcastic than you!
    Images

Man, Florida chruns 'em out like no other state. Maybe getting nabbed saved his life, given the weather lately. But the sad part is, this dude could have just went and quietly made the attempt, or did whatever else QUIETLY.... but that doesn't seem like his style, huh?

Well, Sly, you called it from the get-go.

Well actually I guess theoretically they would have nabbed him for being an "absconder", not for driving:
    "Absconder": What a great trail name.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by treesloth View Post
    Man, Florida chruns 'em out like no other state. Maybe getting nabbed saved his life, given the weather lately. But the sad part is, this dude could have just went and quietly made the attempt, or did whatever else QUIETLY.... but that doesn't seem like his style, huh?

Well, Sly, you called it from the get-go.
    Maybe he could have gone quietly and made the attempt and that would have been fine. There are many folks on the trail that have histories that you may or not be aware of. I also suspect that these histories are a much bigger deal on this site than they are on the trail. One of the nicest aspects of the long trails is that you relate to folks not for who they were in the "real" world but to how they are when you meet them. One of the guys that I hiked with for a few hundred miles had been in prison for dealing drugs. It came up matter of factly in a conversation and I frankly didn't think anything about it. The person standing in front of me was a strong hiker and we got along great. Now, in the case of the hiker in this thread, had he kept a lower profile and just done his thing I suspect he would have been viewed as bit eccentric but no more than many of the other hikers. Do I feel safer that he is off the trail? Not really because there are likely five more that have a similar background to his

With both Dakota Joe and Rife off the trail, it's gonna be a little boring around here. What are we going to talk and speculate about now? The weather?
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    With both Dakota Joe and Rife off the trail, it's gonna be a little boring around here. What are we going to talk and speculate about now? The weather?
    The possibility of doing a Triple Lindy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    The possibility of doing a Triple Lindy?
    mckayla_impressed_ap_328.jpg

A triple lindy is not enough. I want to see a yo-yo triple lindy back up to the top platform.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    triple yo yo crown, okay?could we get back to judging him even though we dont have any information?its what we do best
    Dang hikerboy57, that was good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonero View Post
    mckayla_impressed_ap_328.jpg

A triple lindy is not enough. I want to see a yo-yo triple lindy back up to the top platform.
    More probable then a triple yo-yo! I'll start practicing and get back to you!

Journal Entries

Default Triple Crown Yo-Yo attempt.

Glad to see this guy is off the trail. Just feel for those nice people that sent him donations for new gear and the nice folks at MTNX for helping him out so much. Maybe he will be able to sell his new stuff to raise bail money, and better yet a one way bus ticket back to Florida.
    RIAP

I am hoping that his exposure to the great outdoors during his AT adventure will be the catalyst for him to turn his life around and be a positive contributor to society again.

Journal Entries

Default Triple Crown Yo-Yo attempt.

I doubt that would happen. He's been arrested 10 or 12 times during just his adult years. Sad to say but chances are overwhelming that he's going to spend the rest of his life as a drain on society. Go on YouTube and find the videos for "suicidesurburbia". He's nothing but a criminal with a little flash. Sad but true....
    RIAP

Journal Entries

With a little luck, prison will remove him from societys list of problem members, permanently.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 02-12-2013 at 23:15.

Journal Entries

That's a different video with the same name. Keep looking for the ones that show a bald guy with a lip piercing and sunglasses. I'm glad this guy is off the trail. I would hate to share a shelter with him.
    RIAP

Deep down we all have something good in us that is worthy if redemption. We were all created by God with love

Quote Originally Posted by mfleming View Post
    Deep down we all have something good in us that is worthy if redemption. We were all created by God with love
    I'll pass on the God part, but +1 on the sentiment. I've seen some pretty damaged people come back from the edge.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

God in a spiritual sense only. I avoid religion with a passion

He's back in FL. I was right, they nabbed him for probation violation. New trail name "absconder" for sure, if he gets back on the trail. He's already working on a thru hiker beard:

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/C..._11590160/?d=1

He's back in FL. I was right, they nabbed him for probation violation. New trail name "absconder" for sure, if he gets back on the trail. He's already working on a thru hiker beard:

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/C..._11590160/?d=1
    "Man of Constant Sarrow"

This whole thread is ridiculously funny, and the videos are classic!...or at least they will be one day be......

Maybe all speed hike attempts should be held in quarantine in the humor forum for a period of time before releasing to the trail run/speed hike forum.
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 02-13-2013 at 13:33.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
++ New Posts ++