WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

On the off chance he is on the AT. He will be alone, avoidant, and probably jittery based on previous reports. He is not likely to be wearing a mask if encountered unaware, but may put on a mask quickly for even a casual interaction. It may seem odd when he does it, particularly for a young person outdoors. I doubt he would camp right at a shelter, but rather choose a more hidden location. I don't think he's that experienced though to where he has practiced real stealth camping. He may think he is hidden but isn't. The picture that John B linked shows him by a stream which is probably a good bet on where to find him, or near a pond or lake. If he's moving around, he might be encountered at a water source. If he has a phone, he's going to be looking to charge it, probably in an overly secretive manner, furtive.

He had no money of his own, he was using her cards to get home. If his parents aided him, the authorities will be looking into as many records as they can. If they took more than a few grand out of the bank, the bank will flag that. If he is in the woods, he is going to run out of cash and food and winter is coming. He's from Florida and potentially has no winter hiking skills.

He could of course be in some other recreational area, wilderness, national forest. Or headed westward, he traveled around out west too. He knows how to hitchhike. Traveling around, he would have investigated many possible scenic and recreation areas all over. The longer he is out there, the more time he has to figure out a long term game plan.

Now if we knew what gear he had, we'd spot him a lot easier! I know some of you can name a pack at a hundred yards!
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    The people on Mobile AL would beg to differ.
    Sorry about that! I never went to Mobile. Just made it as far as Panama City, FL. Gotta get a new map!

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Not comparing, just made me think of this guy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/in...h-pond-hermit/
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

"A Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning."

https://nypost.com/2021/10/02/brian-...lachian-trail/

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    "A Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning."

https://nypost.com/2021/10/02/brian-...lachian-trail/
    It would be nice if this turned out to be a true lead. But we are to believe the guy presented himself in such a transparent way as to basically out himself as the person of interest, save for using the actual name? Stretches credulity for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    On the off chance he is on the AT. He will be alone, avoidant, and probably jittery based on previous reports. He is not likely to be wearing a mask if encountered unaware, but may put on a mask quickly for even a casual interaction.

Now if we knew what gear he had, we'd spot him a lot easier! I know some of you can name a pack at a hundred yards!
    100% agree. He might be near the southern end of the trial but unlikely to be hiking the trail. Also, just because he has done day hikes and car camping (or “bragged” about living off crackers) by no means equals “wilderness survivalist” (obviously preaching to the choir).

This is everything I could find out….

This is the pack he left with:
    REI Co-op Stuff Travel Pack - Print - 20L
    https://www.rei.com/product/137641/r...pack-print-20l

He’s been pictured with a bright orange sleeping bag, (not sure if he has it)

* approximately 5’8
    * approximately 160lbs (likely much less now)
    * Vine tattoo on right middle finger
    * Mountain range tattoo right hand/wrist
    https://www.nbatitlechase.com/wp-con...r-And-Hand.jpg
    * Infinity tattoo on left wrist https://images.app.goo.gl/F7uyDb3uW9VhwbN49
    * (Note: he may be attempting to hide or burn these tattoos per some reports- bandages, gloves etc)
    * Unique folds along the top of his ears
    * Facial hair pattern is patchy, not a full beard, but separate mustache, soul patch, and chin strap
    *walks duck-footed, aka out-toed
    * Mole below left eye on his cheek
    * negative canthal tilt (outer corners of eyes tilt downward)
    May be growing hair out and/or wearing a hat +/- mask +/- sunglasses.

Please report possible sightings at:
    https://www.fbi.gov/tips

Nice, thanks.
    A 20L pack? He’s more than likely going to have to come up for air a lot with that.

Default Manhunt for Brian Laundrie; some think he could be in Appalachians

Without assistance, what's he eating? He's been on the run for a while now. If the above report is right and he's in NC, he's definitely running scared and just pure survival mode. He probably has cash, but with the media attention he's likely to be spotted in a shop. But then again maybe not. So I suppose the guy that was adamant he saw him didn't know he was a wanted man at the time. The story continues.
    " 6 bucks and my left nut says we're not going to be landing in Chicago" Del Griffith

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by slowdive View Post
    Without assistance, what's he eating? He's been on the run for a while now.
    I would guess his parent who I hope someday will also be arrested & serve many years in prison have given him a lot of cash as well as threw the police off from the start with the whole swamp search diversion.
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

So he wasn’t hiking the trail but driving past a trailhead parking area?

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    So he wasn’t hiking the trail but driving past a trailhead parking area?
    Yes.......

Journal Entries
    Images

And apparently on heavy drugs from the stash of money his folks gave him!! Must be some Proud Parents!!!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

"messed-up"......Perhaps establishing a defense.....
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    It would be nice if this turned out to be a true lead. But we are to believe the guy presented himself in such a transparent way as to basically out himself as the person of interest, save for using the actual name? Stretches credulity for me.
    If it’s him, I’ll like to know how he got a white truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sure Foot View Post
    If it’s him, I’ll like to know how he got a white truck.
    The same way he obtained a white van?

https://youtu.be/Wl1vEMqkTTE According to his sister, he’s spent “up to 5 days” on the AT. IMO he’s not a survivalist by most definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    "messed-up"......Perhaps establishing a defense.....
    I agree with this.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KitKaty View Post
    https://youtu.be/Wl1vEMqkTTE According to his sister, he’s spent “up to 5 days” on the AT. IMO he’s not a survivalist by most definitions.
    "Survivalist, huh? I doubt he could even ditch Mary Ellen - nevermind Dog and the FBI!"
    broadgreen-1007_532002_Orig_2015-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483993179001._SX1080_.jpg
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by JackieO View Post

Nice, thanks.
    A 20L pack? He’s more than likely going to have to come up for air a lot with that.
    Yeah I've seen women with hand bags bigger. Not a survivalist bag. He should have taken the 200 L tipi pack and if done right could've disappeared in the woods for months. And came out all hairy and unrecognizable.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++