WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CID0iYYC

Go here to enter your planned donations on spreadsheet. Any one who wants to help with the food preparation can do so at Mary's starting on Saturday of the feed at approximately 6 pm and continuing intermittently until 8:00 am Sunday morning.
    If donations are made to make the bacon explosion possible. Charcoal will have to be lit at 4 am.
    Trying a new prep technique for the home fries this year - in charcoal grill in cast iron dutch ovens.

rooms full means nothing. floor space is to be had by first connecting with someone willing, then registring with the doyal and paying 10 or 15 bucks.then you have a room!so the doyal aint filled till its rooms are filled and i suggest you start a thread connecting floors with hikers with the doyal with beer.then you could actualy have a reservation for an agreed floorspace in a hikers room and cut the worry and fear that surrounds the darkness of what is billville and ones first rapture.???
    matthewski

i would gladly offer rm 23 but jack has the bed, i got the floor and dude and his crew he comes in at 4 am with have the other floor and tank has the half floor sticking out into the hall and i take in dogs whos owners got drunk and abducted by reaserchers found wandering in the bacon wastelands of the hallways of a post billvillian hallway.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    rooms full means nothing. floor space is to be had by first connecting with someone willing, then registring with the doyal and paying 10 or 15 bucks.then you have a room!so the doyal aint filled till its rooms are filled and i suggest you start a thread connecting floors with hikers with the doyal with beer.then you could actualy have a reservation for an agreed floorspace in a hikers room and cut the worry and fear that surrounds the darkness of what is billville and ones first rapture.???
    I'm doing it backwards - the folks at the doyle know I'm coming, but I am trusting that I will find someone willing when I get there .

Quote Originally Posted by lava View Post
    I'm doing it backwards - the folks at the doyle know I'm coming, but I am trusting that I will find someone willing when I get there .
    You are doing it right lava. Letting the Doyle know you are coming is good. Finding floor space when all arrive is highly likely!
    Thanks for entering on speadsheet for BABB.

Which room has Twister?

aka -OvertheEdge- :)
    Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Which room has Twister?
    That would be Jesters.
    Alcohol was involved!

aka -OvertheEdge- :)
    Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    You are doing it right lava. Letting the Doyle know you are coming is good. Finding floor space when all arrive is highly likely!
    Thanks for entering on speadsheet for BABB.
    You'd be amased how many fit in a room. they're sorta like VW Bugs.
    Alcohol was involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Which room has Twister?
    Quote Originally Posted by harryfred View Post
    That would be Jesters.
    Well that settles it. I am soooo going to find my way to Jester's room.

--Thimble

to make a fun keepsake of the warmer:
    get up at 430 am
    walk out in the hall
    turn on a tape recorder
    walk around and hold it to the doors where hikers are snoreing loudly
    play back twice daily during high springer feavers
    use at shelters to scare bears
    matthewski

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lava View Post
    Well that settles it. I am soooo going to find my way to Jester's room.

--Thimble
    it'll be easy to find: just follow the smell of apple cake & irish whiskey.
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Quote Originally Posted by HoorayCookies View Post
    Hi Lava! Hi everyone else! I got busy and just remembered Bag o' Tricks invited me to this, as an opportunity to meet some thru-hikers and ply some info for my upcoming hike in April (in between beers, of course). I'll be calling the hotel later, but I'm getting the impression that it's probably full already. Any women in the group mind taking in a floor-guest?

Is there a consolidated site/page/something about Billville? Trying to figure out what's going on!

If i can find a space to sleep, I look forward to meeting everyone!
    I may, if necessary give my room up to the ladies attending and floor bunk with other snorers.

Images

Default Brrrr

Quote Originally Posted by BAG "o" TRICKS View Post
    I may, if necessary give my room up to the ladies attending and floor bunk with other snorers.
    Out on the porch again Tricks? LOL
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

Leaving NH sometime Thursday or early Friday. Those requiring anything interesting from the lovely tax-free shops along the way should contact me privately.

number one: does anybody else have a hard time reading jacks posts without hearing his voice? cause i seem to be unable to read them in my own inside voice. i only can hear jacks outside voice. you? worried hes a magical wizzard or something.

number two: bag o tricks is a gentalman and demonstrating proper trail ediquete by snoring out of hear of non snorers. so dont say anything but thank you tricks. worried bout quakes.

number three: i allways thaught jesters room smelled like jacks feet sticking out of my room. i think the air flows thata way.

number four: whats our theme? worried its beer and im sober.
    matthewski

Images

Default Huh?

number one: does anybody else have a hard time reading jacks posts without hearing his voice? cause i seem to be unable to read them in my own inside voice. i only can hear jacks outside voice. you? worried hes a magical wizzard or something.

number two: bag o tricks is a gentalman and demonstrating proper trail ediquete by snoring out of hear of non snorers. so dont say anything but thank you tricks. worried bout quakes.

number three: i allways thaught jesters room smelled like jacks feet sticking out of my room. i think the air flows thata way.

number four: whats our theme? worried its beer and im sober.
    Define "sober" please.
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

Unhappy Apple Cake, etc.

Sorry to say - no apple cake this year - or raspberry cheesecake or anything else. Having my kitchen redone and it's in a shambles. I thought it might be done in time, but there have been a few problems along the way and I have no stove, refrigerator or anything else - just an empty room - no walls even. So, for this Warmer, I won't be able to bake anything. Sorry about that. I promise to make it up to everybody at the feed.

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Mom View Post
    Sorry to say - no apple cake this year - or raspberry cheesecake or anything else. Having my kitchen redone and it's in a shambles. I thought it might be done in time, but there have been a few problems along the way and I have no stove, refrigerator or anything else - just an empty room - no walls even. So, for this Warmer, I won't be able to bake anything. Sorry about that. I promise to make it up to everybody at the feed.
    You can use my kitchen, if you're feeling ambitious.

I don't use it nearly enough myself, anyway...
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

i think we all know what we have to do. nobody brings any cake or pastrie or bready goodness at all. dont want the memory of eating cake at the warmer tainted by no dammed stinking storebought crap.

sober, as in mat dont drink.

wondering what jester looks like arriveing at an event without a large wheeled cooler of cakes and cookies? appalachian tater has set up a hunting cammera rear of the doyal to capture this once in a trailtime event . the film will be shown thruout the warmer.

bag o tricks will be patting down arrivals removeing any tastycakes attendees may try to smuggel in. shares of cake flour rose sharply at the opening of the asian cake markets on word of jesters moms insolvency. little debbie unvailed their newest apple ring pie in hopes of corrnering the cake depleted hiker markets.emergency rooms are reporting a rise in cake related suicide attempts and have positioned pycotheropists accordingly.

president obama , in a show of solidarity flushed a butterscotch krimpet down a whitehouse toilet shocking a visiting tastycake dignitary.

the smithsonian has deployed extra security around the jesters moms cakes display in washington in preperation for an exspected rash of cake theft witch could sweep the hiker nation.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    Out on the porch again Tricks? LOL
    Been there and at the Truck Stop LOL . We'll see what we get, but I'm sure no one will have to sleep on Pat and Vickey's porch, however that is not to say that some drunk and noisy snorer couldn't end up out there. Hope Pat is making up some of his famous roast beef.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++