WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    number one: does anybody else have a hard time reading jacks posts without hearing his voice? cause i seem to be unable to read them in my own inside voice. i only can hear jacks outside voice. you? worried hes a magical wizzard or something.

number two: bag o tricks is a gentalman and demonstrating proper trail ediquete by snoring out of hear of non snorers. so dont say anything but thank you tricks. worried bout quakes.

number three: i allways thaught jesters room smelled like jacks feet sticking out of my room. i think the air flows thata way.

number four: whats our theme? worried its beer and im sober.
    don't know about a theme, but the Warmer is being dedicated in Paw Paw's honor.

Images

Default An alternative?

i think we all know what we have to do. nobody brings any cake or pastrie or bready goodness at all. dont want the memory of eating cake at the warmer tainted by no dammed stinking storebought crap.

sober, as in mat dont drink.

wondering what jester looks like arriveing at an event without a large wheeled cooler of cakes and cookies? appalachian tater has set up a hunting cammera rear of the doyal to capture this once in a trailtime event . the film will be shown thruout the warmer.

bag o tricks will be patting down arrivals removeing any tastycakes attendees may try to smuggel in. shares of cake flour rose sharply at the opening of the asian cake markets on word of jesters moms insolvency. little debbie unvailed their newest apple ring pie in hopes of corrnering the cake depleted hiker markets.emergency rooms are reporting a rise in cake related suicide attempts and have positioned pycotheropists accordingly.

president obama , in a show of solidarity flushed a butterscotch krimpet down a whitehouse toilet shocking a visiting tastycake dignitary.

the smithsonian has deployed extra security around the jesters moms cakes display in washington in preperation for an exspected rash of cake theft witch could sweep the hiker nation.
    You guys could default to Little Debbies as that would be no threat to Pat and I am sure she would be cool with that LOL.

No ANIMAL acts at the warmer yoose yootes!!!
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

no outside pastries cakes or condiments!!
    a cake curfue is in effect
    in case of emergency, shelter in cake
    cooked confections concealed cleverly as cake will be confiscated

anyone poseing as cake or representing cake will be asked to leave

if a train full of cake crashes and spills cake up against the doyal to the second floor trapping everyone inside,...there will be no eating your way out. you will shelter in cake untill cake tunneling equiptment can reach you.

if god comes with some manna, witch is cake, you will politely refraine from partakeing.
    matthewski

Images

what about bread, is that OK?

Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    what about bread, is that OK?

Panzer
    sliced only. and all bread will be subject to search.bread found to contain fruit nuts or cheese will be confiscated. cinnomine bread is banned from the warmer.
    matthewski

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Question

No outside pastries cakes or condiments!!

A cake curfew is in effect.

In case of emergency, shelter in cake cooked confections concealed cleverly as cake will be confiscated.

Anyone posing as cake or representing cake will be asked to leave.

If a train full of cake crashes and spills cake up against the Doyle to the second floor trapping everyone inside...there will be no eating your way out. You will shelter in cake until cake tunneling equipment can reach you.

If God comes with some manna, which is cake, you will politely refrain from partaking.
    So...who put you in charge, anyway?
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

emergency cake responce is my feild of study.
    matthewski

Images

i thought your concentration was in the field of emergency bacon response.
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Images

Me/jess Might be heading up. Saturday only. Have to be back down MD early Sunday morning for a prior thingamagig. What all going on Saturday .... you going to be there Sasquatch?

groll needs a ride or rider paying gas and tolls from roanoke friday afternoon to be back in roanoke sunday eve.
    matthewski

im packed and ready now. if anyone is going to duncannon tommorow i need a lift.i want to work on the doyal and help mary and try to earn my room while working and sleeping on marys floor. ill pay gas and toll.
    matthewski

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Exclamation

im packed and ready now. if anyone is going to duncannon tommorow i need a lift.i want to work on the doyal and help mary and try to earn my room while working and sleeping on marys floor. ill pay gas and toll.
    If you can wait 'til Friday, I can take you with me.

If you can't wait 'til Friday, I can't take you with me.
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

in a deep dark endless cave, yell cammo's name. exsentuate the "jaaack" part. not wait for the echo. hear it? hes got a great echo name for caves.

cammo jaaack! cammo jaaaack!!!!.........ack ack ack..............try it.
    matthewski

Images

Default Tempted

I am tempted to make the trip down just to see if I could smuggle in a couple of dozen Maine whoopie pies LOL. Alas, cannot. Just for kicks, someone at the "warmer" by a Little Debbie's and sprinkle crumbs around room 23!
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

i keep 23 baby wiped clean silly. meer crumbs wouldnt stand the light of day.they would decoales from the wave form and vamoosh when exsposed to the sterility unbroken witch is the hallmark of 23. over the years i have systematicly created a space whitin the confines of the doyals own charm, witch defines 23 as the north star of the trail.one can take bearings to any point on the trail from here. likewise, the beacon of 23 shines in every mile of trail and leads me true. between the dust and the doyal is an atmosphere so rare, when breathed one is transported, literaly, to the distant past. when men were free to have high colestoral and not have to name it and think about it. when bacon was a city on a hill. when jesters moms great great great great great mom, baked cakes of acorn and amernanth with peanut butter and cacao.long after matthewski's, when the last matthewski goes to hiker hevan,....rm 23 will be .
    matthewski

you do all realize were talking about an unheatered 9x7 foot room.....yes?
    thats right unheatered......its a word if i say it is right? i mean arent words stuff folks wanna say? not stuff you have to say? yes. good. lets move on. im hiking with panzers crew. thats what im calling you doylbounders and warmerhoppers. panzers crew. or pc for short.
    matthewski

hogans heros theme song. sing it when you see panzers picture. its who he is. lmao.
    matthewski

ba chomp, ba chewy chewy chomp chomp's Avatar

Default Attention on Deck!

OK, I've let this little ramble-fest go on quite long enough. Despite rumors to the contrary, I am quite alive and well and I'll be making the trek down to Duncannon on Friday AM with a certain Trail-Legend-Who-Isn't-A-Candy-A$$. I look forward to The Goat's itinerary that he has put together, but fear that it might be a little too ambitious. I hope that I can fit everything in. As for the rest of you, I am so so so disappointed that these two comments were allowed to pass on by:

Quote Originally Posted by lava View Post
    ...I am trusting that I will find someone willing when I get there .
    Quote Originally Posted by lava View Post
    Well that settles it. I am soooo going to find my way to Jester's room.
    Seriously? I thought this was a Billville event, not some doily sewing circle. I mean I would have accepted:

-As long as you're looking for a guy, you'll find someone willing.
    -Actually, even if you're looking for a girl, you'll find someone willing.
    -Well, if by "willing" you don't mean "stable relationship" because those don't exist in Billville.
    -Be forewarned, since Billville is now aging considerably, "willing" and "able" no longer necessarily go hand in hand.
    -Many have found their way to Jester's room before, none have ever returned... the same.

Thimble - thanks for being a good sport, and in advance thanks for being an even better sport after this weekend. There may be a few more inappropriate comments like this...

Mary - thanks as always for putting together a breakfast fit for Kings for us on Sunday. I'll swing by on Friday and see if you need anything and of course help out with the supplies.

Camo and Tank - I can't wait to see what you guys will be wearing.

Newb - Thanks for getting this thread rolling because I couldn't imagine a winter going by without hearing one of your poems.

Matty - I hope you find your new room acceptable, word is that the THC levels in Room 23 were off the chart so that part of the hotel has been quarantined.

The rest of you, I expect to see you all with your drinking-shirts, your poem-pens and your puking-shorts. Its Winter Warmer Time!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    i'm organizing a brew tour that starts at 11AM on saturday & continues indefinitely.

it will begin at the doyle hotel bar & will end at the doyle hotel bar, and in between we'll also be visiting the doyle hotel bar.

samplings will consist of yeungling, with perhaps some palate-cleansing coors lights mixed in.

please rsvp so we know how many to expect for this event.
    lol, it is an ambitious schedule!

i'll be arriving early on saturday morning to organize and lead the festivites above.
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Heading outta Dodge in 48 hours.......can't wait! Of course, next two days will not be a lot of fun, the cabin looks like Berlin after the bombardment. Funny thing about doing a really thorough house cleaning (more like an annual one), you always find all manner of things you hadn't seen in many months and never really expected to see again.....mail, bills, overdue library books, sandwiches, etc. What isn't going into storage is going into the fire, it's time to get ruthless. In any case, hope to see many of you for dinner in Duncannon on Friday, be careful on the road.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
++ New Posts ++