WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for a shuttle from Gainesville to Amicalola falls on June 4th

I am taking the greyhound to Gainesville on Tuesday June 4th. Should arrive at 10:50am Seeking a shuttle. Really cant afford a 125$+ taxi. Anybody have any ideas?

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by direwolflove View Post
    I am taking the greyhound to Gainesville on Tuesday June 4th. Should arrive at 10:50am Seeking a shuttle. Really cant afford a 125$+ taxi. Anybody have any ideas?
    Check out www.hikerhostel.com .
    DeerPath

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY
    IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY,
    BUT RATHER SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
    SHOUTING "HOLY CRAP....WHAT A RIDE!"

If you don't want to pay for transportation then hitch-hike. Although $125 is high I would expect to pay $100. You are not talking about a trip around the block.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMan View Post
    If you don't want to pay for transportation then hitch-hike. Although $125 is high I would expect to pay $100. You are not talking about a trip around the block.

Hmm. Never hitch hiked before... Is Gainsville a good place to start? Do you think it will take me awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by DeerPath View Post
    I was planning on hiking not staying at a hostel once I get to Gainesville. Since I already have my arrival and return bus tickets, I am gonna have to do my hike kinda fast. It would cost me around 125 to stay at the hiker hostel and get shuttled by them.... It does sound like a great place though.

look up del notre shuttle 60$ 770-572-9702 or unitaxi 65$ 770-297-0255 770-532-0628 those are what I found on-line a few days ago.don't know if the prices still stand.i'll know tomorrow,should be in gainsvile by noon.

Quote Originally Posted by shoestring View Post
    look up del notre shuttle 60$ 770-572-9702 or unitaxi 65$ 770-297-0255 770-532-0628 those are what I found on-line a few days ago.don't know if the prices still stand.i'll know tomorrow,should be in gainsvile by noon.
    Thanks shoestring... Have a great hike! Looks like unitaxi is the only one cause every time I called another taxi they would transfer me to uni. My plan is to to try and hitch for an hour and if that doesnt work I will have to taxi for 90 bucks plus tip.... Hope i can get a hitch. Money is tight

Take a short 5 mile taxi ride from the train station to the Home Depot on Hwy 53 (aka Dawsonville Hwy). From there it would be safe and easier to get a ride to Amicalola. That road goes almost all the way there.

++ New Posts ++