WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post
    I was just reading today that hydroxychloroquine is prescribed for people with autoimmune issues. I have a friend with Lupus, RA, 2nd bout of breast cancer. She is not on chloroquine but is on the similar one that begins with a P.
    Plaquenil....standard RX for Lupus (me) and RA....generic name is hydroxychloroquine
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Plaquenil....standard RX for Lupus (me) and RA....generic name is hydroxychloroquine
    Thanks. I actually saw it in another post after I posted.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    I have a few [expired] Plaquenil pills left from a prescription several years ago for cutaneous lupus. I'm going to hold onto them just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    I have a few [expired] Plaquenil pills left from a prescription several years ago for cutaneous lupus. I'm going to hold onto them just in case...
    Make sure expired meds are safe. Please.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Visitors to Massachusetts

Today’s announcement from our Governor

Travel Guidance:
    Beginning March 27, all travelers arriving to Massachusetts are instructed to self-quarantine for 14 days. This guidance will be displayed as posters at service plazas along 1-90 eastbound, distributed as flyers at major transportation hubs and on posted on highway message boards. Visitors are instructed not to travel to Massachusetts if they are displaying symptoms. Health care workers, public health workers, public safety workers, transportation workers and designated essential workers are exempt from this requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post

Travel Guidance:
    Beginning March 27, all travelers arriving to Massachusetts are instructed to self-quarantine for 14 days. This guidance will be displayed as posters at service plazas along 1-90 eastbound, distributed as flyers at major transportation hubs and on posted on highway message boards. Visitors are instructed not to travel to Massachusetts if they are displaying symptoms. Health care workers, public health workers, public safety workers, transportation workers and designated essential workers are exempt from this requirement.
    This is exactly what needs to happen everywhere as someone noted in a earlier post. The snow birds are heading back north again for the season and who knows whose infected who's not. And if a state is doing good with very few cases we don't need visitors coming in right now, because just a couple of sick people can be a start a very bad thing. For alot of folks.

I don't see how the "self quarantine" could possibly be enforced. It relies on people doing the right thing. While most probably will, there are those who won't.

My little town is worried about all the "summer people" who are itching to open up their camps and cabins for the season and move in for the duration. Usually they only show up for the week of July 4th. They maybe around quite a bit longer this summer.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Just for the record I've been following a doctor from California on YouTube since this has started. It's medcram.com . He's totally non political and totally doctor. He's very factual in fact to much so I can't keep up ,lol. We all have are way of keeping up by now just another option. And btw shug has a new video out so funny, so classy, love that guy. (Hey not that way) !

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I don't see how the "self quarantine" could possibly be enforced. It relies on people doing the right thing. While most probably will, there are those who won't.

My little town is worried about all the "summer people" who are itching to open up their camps and cabins for the season and move in for the duration. Usually they only show up for the week of July 4th. They maybe around quite a bit longer this summer.
    Yep, that's the thing NH may " peak" and then start declining in cases and then these folks start coming in and start it back up again.....( or some are saying it may go away during summer and come back in the fall ) ? 94,680 cases 1,438 dead USA! Ugh, what a mess!! I had to change the no. of dead just while typing this.

For those that are wondering you can catch the "regular flu" at the same time catch the Corona flu, very rare but possible. (Good luck with that).And being a respiratory infection watch out smokers cigarettes, cigars, vape, cannabis.

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    This is exactly what needs to happen everywhere as someone noted in a earlier post. The snow birds are heading back north again for the season and who knows whose infected who's not. And if a state is doing good with very few cases we don't need visitors coming in right now, because just a couple of sick people can be a start a very bad thing. For alot of folks.
    Interesting. My mother-in-law is in Brandenton, FL and said people from NY are flocking down to the area, to get out of NY

Just for the record I've been following a doctor from California on YouTube since this has started. It's medcram.com . He's totally non political and totally doctor. He's very factual in fact to much so I can't keep up ,lol. We all have are way of keeping up by now just another option. And btw shug has a new video out so funny, so classy, love that guy. (Hey not that way) !
    Thanks for the tip. Watched the last 6 or so 'updates'. Nice to get some straight, scientific, factual information...

Hike your own hike. Or don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -This SUCKS...and I love it!
    Chain Saw

Images

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    As a member of a higher risk group, I don’t consider haircuts essential.
    I agree. I work in the Pentagon (civilian). I am enjoying going into work with my hair length trending back to lengths not grown since the 70s.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Quote Originally Posted by Crushed Grapes View Post
    Interesting. My mother-in-law is in Brandenton, FL and said people from NY are flocking down to the area, to get out of NY
    funny i thought they all were here in the berkshires. i can say for sure many are not staying in for the 14 days

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post

Travel Guidance:
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    funny i thought they all were here in the berkshires. i can say for sure many are not staying in for the 14 days
    The only place that they hopefully won't enforce that is for essential shoppers - there are many smaller towns in the eastern NY counties where a supermarket/pharmacy in MA (or further south CT, and some into VT on the north as well) is closer to access than ones in NY are.

NYers started heading out of town earlier this month. Many of them went to Miami, the area with the highest rates of infection now.

Took a stroll over to the Appalachia parking lot. Some 15 cars in the lot, nearly all from out of state. Maine, Vermont, Connecticut, North Carolina, and of course most were from Mass. At least that's a lot less then normal for a Saturday, usually they are spilling out onto the highway.
    IMG_20200328_140816.jpg
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries

Make sure expired meds are safe. Please.
    I will. Thanks for the reminder.

Thruhiking and Covid-19 is the thread topic.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++