WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Smile VIDEO: Long Trail - Old Friends - Part 6

After over a year of not sharing the trail with my old friend Woopsie, we take off on a 27 mile jaunt on the Long Trail together. Once we stage cars we take off on a terrific afternoon for a short hike up (and I do mean UP) to Sucker Brook shelter. There we meet a group hiking together that included one 3 generation family, another father and son, and then 2 friends of theirs. Early the next morning we head for Emily Proctor shelter with a number of stops, laughs and shenanigans along the way. As predicted, the rain came on the second night and we awoke to lows about 10F lower than the forecast had shown. With a nice stream to hike on and wind gusts above 45MPH, we walk the final 10 miles to Lincoln Gap, just 2 old friends walking north.

Thanks for watching,

Rob

Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Rob,
    I thoroughly enjoy your videos. Keep 'em coming.

Another fact about Boyce, it's the halfway point on the LT.

Once again, thanks for making these videos. It's the next best thing to being there!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Rob,
    I thoroughly enjoy your videos. Keep 'em coming.
    Thank you Decon, I appreciate the nice words!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Another fact about Boyce, it's the halfway point on the LT.
    I didn't know that but was sure glad to have it pointed out. I wish I would have known when I was there as I would have made mention on video and maybe done a bit of a jig!

Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    Once again, thanks for making these videos. It's the next best thing to being there!
    Most excellent compliment, thank you. - next weekend is 56 miles and 3 - 4,000'ers from Lincoln Gap to VT108. I have been told it is one of (if not the most) difficult parts of the entire trail. Let's see how I am walking at the work the following week
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Yes, it is one of the toughest, but also one of the best parts of the entire trail. I'm not just talking about Camel's Hump and Mansfield, but climbing up Abe and climbing down into App Gap are quite the wakeup call. That's when I truly understood why people say the northern portion is harder than the south. But these hard bits are some of my favourites, and I know you'd love them too.
    Have a great time, and I hope you have a dry hike this time, especially over Burnt Rock Mtn, the Hump and Mansfield.

++ New Posts ++