WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    How about a trade, Fancee Feest for a Hipbone :-) Fancee Feest is a one piece integrated pot support stove cost $16.00+$4.00 ship

Shug...

How do you warrant $16 built from a can of cat food that costs $.50

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    They're nice stoves that are efficient and simple to use. Carbon felt is a pain to find and so is fiberglass wicking. I found a square of carbon felt on line for about 20 bucks but most people only need enough for 1 or 2 stoves. Dutch sells a square piece of carbon felt that you can make a few stoves from. Pretty easy to make if you want to put effort into it. If not...you don't have to...buy one from Zelph

Back in the 90’s there was a great band from Raleigh, NC called Hipbone...

But I can make a stove with nothing more than a hole punch and can...

Back in the 90’s there was a great band from Raleigh, NC called Hipbone...

But I can make a stove with nothing more than a hole punch and can...
    I'm a resident of Raleigh, NC...small world

Thats the beauty of a diy stove...you do it yourself...go drink 3 beers and make a stove; go feed a cat and make a tomato based dish and make a stove. go open a can of tuna and make a stove, go get a tealight candle and make a stove...if you're not into making a stove there are resources and dealers that will sell you one without the hassle of making one. if your stove is really good there might be people willing to buy one from you...

My girlfriend is a freaking fantastic sewer but instead of making our own tarp we purchased one; we found that the trouble of making a tarp isn't worth paying a premium for a pre-made time proven model that someone else can sew for us.

making a tarp IS worth....typo above...

supply and demand

Everyday price for a DualFuel burner (holds up to 0.75 oz) or DualFuel XL burner (holds up to 1.5 oz) and stainless mesh pot support shipped in USA for just $7.80 plus $3 shipping. These burners work quite well. Lined with carbon felt. Lid can be used as an Esbit tray. Add a titanium foil windscreen if you like (or not, if you make your own). Just another option for folks to consider.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by hipbone View Post
    ........Carbon felt is a pain to find and so is fiberglass wicking..........
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-Solde...tector/1043403

https://www.lowes.com/pd/3M-White-Fi...-Cloth/3228210

Available at my local Lowe's probably Home Depot as well. Used both for DIY Fancy Feast stoves.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by QiWiz View Post
    Everyday price for a DualFuel burner (holds up to 0.75 oz) or DualFuel XL burner (holds up to 1.5 oz) and stainless mesh pot support shipped in USA for just $7.80 plus $3 shipping. These burners work quite well. Lined with carbon felt. Lid can be used as an Esbit tray. Add a titanium foil windscreen if you like (or not, if you make your own). Just another option for folks to consider.
    How about we do a trade. :-)

1 Fancee Feest with integrated stainless steel pot support for 2 dual fuel XL burner and mesh pot support?

Did not want to insinuate yall toads are doing bad things. Keep on makin the sweet stoves and hope people keep buying them from you. The lofi tech of these are what makes them brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post

Available at my local Lowe's probably Home Depot as well. Used both for DIY Fancy Feast stoves.
    Excellent example! You get 8 square feet for $8...I need a strip that's 8 inches by 1 inch...the rest of the material is just laying around my garage doing nothing. Wasted junk in my garage...or I can make 20 stoves and sell them for a small profit with leftover material. If you buy a stove pre-made from Zelph it'll only cost you $12 more and you don't have to deal with making it yourself...and you don't have 7.7 square feet of stuff laying around you don't need.

I do understand ones hesitation of buying a piece of hiking material made out of recycled items for what seems like an unreasonable price, but I've made my own gear before and some stuff just isn't worth making to some people...

Also, you're supporting a person that has taken initiative to add something to our community. If you want to make your own gear I encourage it. If you don't want to make your own, buy a tried and true stove from a reputable dealer in the community that we have created...

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post

Also...if you want to try one of my stoves then pay the shipping and I'll send you out a whole set (stove, pot stand, wind screen, hest reflector). I guarantee you'll see that it's harder to make than cutting up a few soda cans and jamming them together. I've been jamming soda cans together since 1999 so mine go together pretty nicely.

Images

Excellent example! You get 8 square feet for $8...I need a strip that's 8 inches by 1 inch...the rest of the material is just laying around my garage doing nothing.
    The rest of the material will be needed to make more stoves for yourself because carbon felt deteriorates quickly to a point of non absorption due to flame oxidation. Experience has told me so ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by hipbone View Post
    Also...if you want to try one of my stoves then pay the shipping and I'll send you out a whole set (stove, pot stand, wind screen, hest reflector). I guarantee you'll see that it's harder to make than cutting up a few soda cans and jamming them together. I've been jamming soda cans together since 1999 so mine go together pretty nicely.
    Thanks but I have plenty of stoves now! I enjoy making alcohol stoves. I have made about 8 different types and come up some of my own designs as well but you are right that buying is a lot easier but not as fun for me.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Offering another stove for the cost of shipping ($5) if anyone wants to try one out. It'll come with stove, pot stand, heat shield, and windscreen. The whole set weighs less than 25 grams. These stoves are begging to see the woods

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    How about we do a trade. :-)

1 Fancee Feest with integrated stainless steel pot support for 2 dual fuel XL burner and mesh pot support?]
    Sure, Dan, why not . . . another stove never hurts I'll PM you the contact information and you can do the same.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Images

Quote Originally Posted by QiWiz View Post
    Sure, Dan, why not . . . another stove never hurts I'll PM you the contact information and you can do the same.
    The trade is on :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++