WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I would rather start the Whites a day ahead…if I did this sorta thing.

I remember when the record holder did this and everyone thought the Whites would slow him down - nope. Pretty sure he did the entire Franconia and Presidential traverse in the same day! and through some bad weather in the Whites to. This will be the real test for sure, and besides the terrain itself, luck with weather conditions may play a role to.
    NoDoz
    nobo 2018 March 10th - October 19th
    -
    I'm just one too many mornings and 1,000 miles behind

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunnerGuy View Post
    When I ran a very short way with him last week, he asked if there was a break in the heat coming, and was happy to hear there was. So he's feeling the heat, just not letting it beat him. I'm sure his conditioning helps a lot with that.
    As someone who struggles with hiking in the heat (225+ pounds doesn't help), I'm not sure whether I'm consoled or disappointed that it gets to the best-conditioned of us. 😱

Quote Originally Posted by showtime_1 View Post
    Roughly 15 miles ahead now. This has been exciting to follow!
    In New York State and still about 15 miles ahead.

Is anyone blogging or reporting on his trip? EDITED TO ADD: Found his Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfQusiUu9t5/

About two miles south/east of the Connecticut line.

This fool is truckin

He's moving early. About 14 miles already this morning.

Default New England

Sabbe was incredible through New England 👍

Quote Originally Posted by k2basecamp View Post
    Sabbe was incredible through New England 
    He's in Massachusetts this morning. Looks like Kristian's lead from Sabbe has tightened to about 14 miles.

I thought Sabbe's record would last for a lot longer given how far he'd pushed the bar. Amazing watching someone give him real competition so soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickjd9 View Post
    He's in Massachusetts this morning. Looks like Kristian's lead from Sabbe has tightened to about 14 miles.
    14 miles is only about 4 hours. One bad day, and that could evaporate.

:banana

Quote Originally Posted by k2basecamp View Post
    Sabbe was incredible through New England 
    He had to have averaged the same 53 or so miles a day between Massachusetts and Maine that Kristian Morgan has averaged from Georgia so far. It's fair to wonder whether Morgan can do the same.

EDITED TO ADD: See that this is my 500th post on Whiteblaze. Since it took almost 17 years, I can't say I've been prolific.
    Last edited by Patrickjd9; 06-30-2022 at 09:54.

That lead. Kristian was crushing so hard then got is quad issue. Now he’s still just barely ahead. But he’s still ahead so let’s see what the Whites are going to yield.

His lead over Sabbe is down to about 9 miles approaching North Adams/Williamstown, MA.

EDIT: Newest update is calling it at least 11 miles.

He seems pretty sociable; who knows, he may have stopped to chat with the people in lawn chairs outside the senior apartments the trail goes by in N. Adams.
    Last edited by Patrickjd9; 06-30-2022 at 17:35.

Images

Good Luck Captain Morgan
    Moses is my 2012 Trail name and was given to me at Fontana Dam

He's now fallen about 8 miles off the FKT pace south of Killington.

Journal Entries

I'm wondering what this will really accomplish. This seems to be getting insane. Next it will be Relay races along the trail with the baton being passed at various points.

Quote Originally Posted by NY HIKER 50 View Post
    I'm wondering what this will really accomplish. This seems to be getting insane. Next it will be Relay races along the trail with the baton being passed at various points.
    What does a typical thru-hike of the AT accomplish? Nothing. What does a typical marathon completion accomplish? Nothing. What does you posting this comment here accomplish? Nothing.

Many people take great joy in training for and preparing for a significant objective. Many of us take an interest in following along. This is the speed hiking forum. If you don't like it and are not interested, no need to view it. There's nothing insane about what Kristian is doing. He's pushing the limits and I find that really cool and wish him the best.

Gut busting. Totally gut busting to see so far along in his effort!

Don’t forget this thread is for trail running and speed hiking. We’re allowed to talk about this in here, and if you don’t like it, tough.

OK that last post of mine was a little harsh. I apologize for being not so elegant.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++