WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: hostels

Images

Default hostels

we will be on trail in oct,will the hostels be open for us we are going to VT also can we resuppy in towns
    wolf

Vermont is open year round. The only hostel I can think of in the state though is 12 Tribes in Rutland. Other than that it was cheap motels.
    You might get lucky with a spot in Hanover as well but Velvet Rocks is just a mile north on the AT out of town.

What Wargy said. Vermont gets tourists year-round, no problems there. I'm not too familiar with VT hostels except for Frank Sutton's place in Manchester Center (and that was about six years ago.) Inn at Long Trail is still there, for sure.

Yes, you can re-supply in towns, they are open year-round.

If you look in the "Articles" section of this website, there's all sorts of info on shopping and re-supply that you may find useful.

When is 'leaf peeper' season in Vermont? In some areas the hotels book up quickly when fall colors are at peak, so I was wondering if that might be a problem for hikers in Vermont in October.

Quote Originally Posted by River Runner View Post
    When is 'leaf peeper' season in Vermont? In some areas the hotels book up quickly when fall colors are at peak, so I was wondering if that might be a problem for hikers in Vermont in October.
    mid-september

Leaf peeper season varies Northern VT is the last week of Sept running into Ist week of October, Southern VT lags until mid ot late October. Do note that there is usually a high likelyhood of rainy weather in late September. early October. Not a sping washout typically but a lot rainier than September. There are usually nights when the rain turns solid and the ridge get some snow.

++ New Posts ++