WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: aquaquest tarps

Default aquaquest tarps

i'm thinking about this tarp: https://aquaquestwaterproof.com/prod...dium-10-x-7-ft. a couple of questions, anyone have any experience with this company? do you think this size tarp gives enough coverage in foul weather? The finished size is not 10x7. I bought the paria 8x10 tarp but after 12 trips it ripped. so just as I was getting used to using a tarp I find myself tarpless! or would I be better going with a 10x10, finished size 9'7"x9'7"?

It looks pretty darn good to me, but I'd probably go with the 10x10 tarp in case I have to drop it down low for wind whipped rains or blowing snow.

It seems a bit small for its weight. There are 8x10s that are lighter and similarly priced.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Bill View Post
    It seems a bit small for its weight. There are 8x10s that are lighter and similarly priced.
    yup, I had a Paria 8x10, it weighed 17oz's with the stuff sack & guy lines. but it only lasted 12 trips before it ripped. maybe a defect or just a lower quality material. I've been reading some reviews on the aquaquest tarps and some say that it's a durable tarp but there's also considerable stretch. that was an issue I had with the paria too. just wanted to add paria was prompt to refund my money.

Take a look at Etowah Outfitters. I've been very happy with mine at under a pound with line and stakes.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Bill View Post
    Take a look at Etowah Outfitters. I've been very happy with mine at under a pound with line and stakes.
    I will thank-you Bill

wookinpanub

I have an Aquaterra 12x10 that has become my go-to shelter. Been in torrential downpours and it didn't leak a bit, and didn't weigh as much as I thought it would packing up in the morning. As with any tarp, it's mostly in the setup. I've got no complaints with the product, though, and the price was right.

++ New Posts ++