WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default matthewski's hope

i just asked a dear friend to lend me 200,000.00$ thats alot of money. its crazy i know but he offered once to help me find a way out of my tax problem. so i wrapped up a few pictures as a gift and wrote a proposal about how i belive in my art so much that i should be able to pay the money back this life. its a smaller amount to him than me of course. and hes a philanthropist. and i love them alot. and i have known them for the longest of anyone alive. since i was 17 or 18. and their son greg was a mountaneer. and i feel he may go for the crazy idea of helping me for the sake of me, and my art. and cause hes just that cool. so im on my way over to his house and ill find out in the next few days or weeks depending on if hes around,...weather i could possibly thruhike this april . if so,... ilove you all. if not, i will double my work efforts and deal with this debt so i can at least thru hike once in this life. cross your dirtyest hiker fingers please.
    matthewski

Images

$200K can buy a lot of bumble bars
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

thru-hikin' ain't all it's cracked up to be

how'd you end up $200 thousand in debt?

Images

I thought it was 70 grand, matty?
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Matty, hope you find yourself on your AT hike this year. Wishes,
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by ed bell View Post
    I thought it was 70 grand, matty?
    70K to pay his back taxes, 130K for a proper thru-hike!

I'm sure that you are a nice guy and all but at 46 don't you think if your "art" was going to take off it would have by now. I only say this living with a successful artist. My fiance is a showing artist and by no means is that our primary income. While we do make extra money from that it isn't the bread and butter. Very few artists are actually able to make a living as just an artist. I would say that you, at your age especially, need to take a long hard look at what you are doing in life. Maybe it would be a good idea to skip a through hike this year and get a job and pay your own debt. While your friend may have extra money to burn is it fair to take his money? Best of luck to you man.

Yikes. . .

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Very blunt indeed, perhaps better said VIA a PM.

Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Very blunt indeed, perhaps better said VIA a PM.

Kirby
    Well said B-Kirb

my father is a famous artist that comands 7 digit prices. my mother was an artist of smaller note who sold peices for only thousands. my art was seen twice by andrew wyeth. ten or fifteen years ago. he is americas formost living realist painter. that means he comands the top prices. his exact words to me then were," your art is amazing and incredible" " you should market and patent your signature" " you will have no truble in the art world"
    i take that for what it is. one mans voice. but god told me to be what i am. and im really good at it. and my friend john is very very wealthy and asked to help. and i love him and terry and will still after we discuss this. im back from dropping off the pictures and the note. now im upset. its not nice too ask for such help. i never did. and its 79 thousand to the fed. 39 thousand to the city and current taxes for my 53 thousand i just earned. plus the 20 thousand i charged to clear and get current with the state so i could make the payment arrangement i have. but its climbing each day. and wearing on my soul. and i have come this far without a lawer and with my above 800 credit score intact.
    matthewski

Images

Matty's art is exceptional.

It is his technique and the end result is extraordinary.

More exposure needed.

so its not about hiking. but if i did this thing i would hike to relax and start over with some responsible behavior where moneys concerned. it all started in grade school giving my lunch money to kids for lunch. i discovered early on,...that giving away my 45 cents lunch money felt great. and being broke solely because you gave all your money away ,is a good broke. and its what i belive in. i dont like haveing things while others dont. i dont really even like things. i like folks. you folks. sad mat out.
    matthewski

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

I'm not sure what they have in Philly, but here in Portland, Maine we have something called the first Friday art walk. On the first Friday of every month, all the artists and museums in the downtown area open up their studios for free to the public, it is a big thing here.

In fact, I am about to go buy a photograph that I have been fascinated by for a couple of weeks.

Kirby

declare bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    i like folks. you folks. sad mat out.

Looking forward to meeting you at Billeville

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jason of the Woods View Post
    I'm sure that you are a nice guy and all but at 46 don't you think if your "art" was going to take off it would have by now. I only say this living with a successful artist. My fiance is a showing artist and by no means is that our primary income. While we do make extra money from that it isn't the bread and butter. Very few artists are actually able to make a living as just an artist. I would say that you, at your age especially, need to take a long hard look at what you are doing in life. Maybe it would be a good idea to skip a through hike this year and get a job and pay your own debt. While your friend may have extra money to burn is it fair to take his money? Best of luck to you man.
    matt has a good job & has been paying down his debt for a while.

his art is phenominal, too, i've seen many of his works.

how much of his work have you seen, jerk0ff of the woods?
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Images

no need to get mean about any of the posts. it is reasonable what Jason said, given the info posted.

Images

not sugar coated

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++