WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: gracefull roll

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
    Hey that's great news Kristen, still wishing you the best. Keep fluids in and rest when u can and remember bald is beautiful. Take care......Donnie
    With you on that one Donnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Out of habit I just go outside and cover one nostril....................

Graceful roll, we all love you, even if we haven't met you. The human race (especially hikers ) is quite remarkable.

Prayer works. Love works.

Get better. We're pullin' for ya!
    I know it may be tough to remember who I mean but lets see if I can narrow it down and help you out she was the only woman sleeping in the basement at Big Johns for Trashgiving, She sat next to you for a few of the meals. I know it was a big place but there is a chance you may have met Love ya brother.
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    With you on that one Donnie.

I know it may be tough to remember who I mean but lets see if I can narrow it down and help you out she was the only woman sleeping in the basement at Big Johns for Trashgiving, She sat next to you for a few of the meals. I know it was a big place but there is a chance you may have met Love ya brother.

Hahahaha you beat me to that, Sasquatch. I was the only bird on the snake farm that weekend.
    Man is only half himself,
    The other half is a bright thing.
    He tumbles on by luck or grace,
    For man is ever a blind thing.

A pearl among the swine?

Images

Hello, lovelies

I've been a bit cranky and tired. I am not getting much sleep lately. There are less than empathetic nurses. There also some CNAs that probably have a CBC lower than mine. If they had anymore air in their heads they would float away as they took my blood pressure and screwed up 4 a.m. blood draws that had to be done again at 5 a.m.... Redrum.

However, today has been alright I guess? I was a bit of a weepy mess, but that happens from time to time.

However, I got some AWESOME emails lately, and a lovely present from the trail. <3

Rain Man, Johnny--thank you for the cards.

Tank and everyone else that sent emails in the past few days, they cheer me up so much.

All of the support I receive is so essential to my mood and well-being. I couldn't ask for better friends and 'strangers.' Once I am well, we should all get together.

The doctor is extremely pleased with how well I have been doing over the critical first week that he's not so sure I'll need to stay TOO much longer. Oh, and, he said there is a possibility I may go home for Christmas! Cross your fingers for me, okay?

That is excellent news!! And you better by nice to them nurses or else they'll be drawing blood all night, every hour....oh I hope not. Get well soon.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by GracefulRoll View Post
    Cross your fingers for me, okay?
    Fingers totally crossed. Kinda hard to type that way, though.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Thumbs up

The doctor is extremely pleased with how well I have been doing over the critical first week that he's not so sure I'll need to stay TOO much longer. Oh, and, he said there is a possibility I may go home for Christmas! Cross your fingers for me, okay?
    That would be great...here's hoping.

I have the fingers crossed on my left hand, since I'm a right-handed, single digit typist...
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

That's great news Kristen! A good nights sleep and Christmas at home would be a huge step in the right direction. I'd love to see that! Thanks for the update. Don't feel too bad about being cranky, you're entitled! Hugs and Trail dirt.

Arrow ...and poke 'em back with a trekking pole

...If they had anymore air in their heads they would float away...
    ^For a first-timer you got the hang of it pretty quickly. You shoulda turned to us White Blaze Diagnosticians from the get-go. www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66588&highlight=diagnostic

When the hospital bed + sheets start feeling like sandpaper, ask the doc to write an order for a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core, a silk liner and a goose down sleeping bag.

The <3 is for real. From my best AT trip ever. When I peeled away from the hunters & their dogs on lower ground, ascending As Knob at a good clip (felt like my lungs were hangin’ from my bottom lip) there stood a bear. Right on the trail in front of me. He had the high ground. I had the cookies. Then he sat down and stared. Stalemate.

Cookie Bear finally ambled away in his own sweet time. I like to think it’s cuz I talked dirty to him & barked like a dog.

That’s the same trip where the <3 magically appeared on the trail. Use it as a talisman to ward off air-headed blood suckers. And bark like a dog.

Images

Thumbs up

Hello, lovelies

Rain Man, Johnny--thank you for the cards.

You're very welcome! And fingers crossed fer ya! (Now, where's that finger crossed icon when you need it?!)

RainMan (who rarely gets called "lovely"!)

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Fingers crossed (and kneemail enroute)!
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    RainMan (who rarely gets called "lovely"!)
    Yes, it's lovely when a lovely calls one lovely.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

thinking about you. was reading a website called future timeline. it bases its predictions on the paths were on now. read it for like 3 hours last nite. at the age i can exspect to live to,..im fifty in march,....when im about 80 or beyond,......life will be extendable so that 80 year olds are "indistinguishable from people in their 30's". it says.

a hand held devise will have a chip that is able to do more operations per nanosecond than all the brains of everyone who has ever lived times billions to the 15th power of the square route of infinity times like 27.anyway,...they predict that in just the next few years we will have all sorts of things like planetary wide eco system failures, an increase in information waste manegment industrys and the development of artificial integegence.

in other news,...were all thinking about you. except for jack. hes thinking about squirrling away a roast beef sandwitch somewhere. later he'll think of you kindly im certian. lol.

also,...their will be no bears while you are sleeping.
    matthewski

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    also,...their will be no bears while you are sleeping.
    Well I'll be da--ed, and I would have thought it was impossible to find a silver lining to THIS cloud. Matty has a gift!

Geez, Matty, that was kinda harsh. I've been away, just got back, just bought and wrote a card this minute, hope that works for you.

Images

Hi we never met, but I wish you the very best for this special Holiday season. May you continue to be on the mend and get home for the Christmas. Hope to stumble by you on the trail. Get well soon.

Best regards,

M. Bird

i never said jack, that you were squirrling away a roast beef sandwitch, i said you were thinking about it. and im not the thaught police. in the future , squirrling skills will be highly sought after by young beautiful women. the measure of future man in the post bacon apocolips baconless manscape will be his ability to attract a mate with nothing more than squirrel bacon. roast beef bacon will have long been forgotton.take gracefull roll for instance, shes young, beautiful, and heir to a bacon fortune. so shes not gonna be available. she will have her pick of a multitude of squirrlers.such bacon rich females as kristen will rule with an iron skillet.
    matthewski

Wow, I just finished a very long day.....don't have much time for WB right now, sure hope both Matty and Ms. K. have had a good day, and I hope to see them both soon.

Matty.....just wondering, what is squirrel bacon?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mizirlou View Post
    That’s the same trip where the <3 magically appeared on the trail. Use it as a talisman to ward off air-headed blood suckers. And bark like a dog.
    I started cutting onions when I got that. Thank you

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Migrating Bird View Post
    Hi we never met, but I wish you the very best for this special Holiday season. May you continue to be on the mend and get home for the Christmas. Hope to stumble by you on the trail. Get well soon.

Best regards,

M. Bird

Thank you so much!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++