WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default AT Documentary 2008/2009

Hello all. My name is Jason, and I work for a PBS affiliate on the Space Coast of Florida. I am currently researching for a possible High-Definition video documentary project on the AT in 2008/2009. This film is not for PBS; it is purely an independent project of mine on the side.

I am posting here in hopes to obtain feedback and learn more about the various motivations for making a thru-hike. Any and all stories are welcome. I am looking for several hikers to profile/network/research in 2008, so please share your stories with me. I am very interested.

If you want to learn more about the film idea, or think you have an interesting story that should be told, please contact me asap. Thanks!

Jason Boone
    [email protected]

Images

Sounds like a cool project. So will I see you around the trail next year?
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Yes you definitely will. I am not thru-hiking, only visiting sections throughout the season. Hopefully I will meet some interesting people through this forum. Thanks for being the first to respond to me!!

Jason

Images

No problem. If you can make it to SoRuck next month you could get some of those stories for next year's class.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Yeah I might just make it up there.

Images

If you do, you will get to meet some of us and some of the previous classes. There are some interesting characters here already. Kirby, Survivor Dave, EWS (I think he hikes next year) and others.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    No problem. If you can make it to SoRuck next month you could get some of those stories for next year's class.
    Yeah good idea, as long as you don't taped me. I'm camera shy. Videographer, the SoRuck details are on the link in my sig

While you are making your little movie, don't forget to mention the real heros of the Appalachian Trail. I am talking about the trail maintainers up and down the trail, and the people who have dedicated their lives to the trail and it's hikers..ie..Bob Peoples, Miss Janet, and many others who spend countless hours taking care of our azzes. Just my opinion

Just Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Hiker View Post
    While you are making your little movie, don't forget to mention the real heros of the Appalachian Trail. I am talking about the trail maintainers up and down the trail, and the people who have dedicated their lives to the trail and it's hikers..ie..Bob Peoples, Miss Janet, and many others who spend countless hours taking care of our azzes. Just my opinion
    Excellent idea!

Wow this could be cool!
    See ya at the Ruck

Sly, Rock you guys going to Springer for NYE???

Just Jim

Just Jim

No doubt about it. That is one of the things that interests me in the AT; how it is sustained through extensive volunteer work.

Images

Videographer,

Welcome! Hope the film goes well. You might start by checking out the many AT movies that have been released in the last couple years including: Trek, Southbounders, Appalachian Impressions, 2000 miles to Maine and Walking with Freedom. There is an over abundance of trail movies and books. Definately take a unique angle and realize it's a pretty small niche of people interested in this topic.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    Wow this could be cool!
    See ya at the Ruck

Probably not. But who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Videographer,

Welcome! Hope the film goes well. You might start by checking out the many AT movies that have been released in the last couple years including: Trek, Southbounders, Appalachian Impressions, 2000 miles to Maine and Walking with Freedom. There is an over abundance of trail movies and books. Definately take a unique angle and realize it's a pretty small niche of people interested in this topic.
    Good point. There are a bunch of DVDs coming out these days, some better than others. It would be a shame if all DVDs about the trail start turning out the same like most of the Journals about the AT start looking alike.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Images

Somebody give Just a Hiker a pat on the back and a Snickers bar for remembering that there's more, much more, to the trail than just hikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post

After getting soaked to the bone last year, only if the weather predicted in the 60's

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Videographer,

I own Appalachian Impressions, and I have seen tidbits of Trek and Walking with Freedom. I really want to see 2000 miles to Maine. That sounds like an interesting film. I also live right down the street from David Miller, the guy who wrote Awol on the Appalachian Trail. Great book.

Images

Hope you find the insights you seek VIDEOGRPAHER

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Good luck with your film, check out the class of 2008 forum to find a concentration of people who will be out there next year.

Kirby

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Good luck with your film, check out the class of 2008 forum to find a concentration of people who will be out there next year.

Kirby
    Forget this, I thought this thread was started in the General forum.

Kirby

Videographer,

Welcome here and best wishes doing this video.
    I will buy it to go with my other dvds of the AT

Make it long. Long enough so it is relaxing to watch..not all chopped up into a million super quick sound bytes of quick flashes of scenery.Get lots of closeups of gear and gets lots of real conversations with hikers and other hostel operaters and outfitters along the trail. Try to make it educational to someone thinking about getting the right gear for a hike of the trail.Get pictures of hikers setting up their tents/hammocks in the rain.Get sounds at night in the shelters.Stay away from hyped up cheesy music in the background.Get lots of closeups of the pretty hikers!
    Make it long and relaxing and real and ....GOOD LUCK
    What will you call your video?
    I will buy your video if it comes for sale for certain if it is half decent.
    See you on the trail in 2008
    Sandalwood
    Last edited by maxNcathy; 12-05-2007 at 19:32.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++