WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by takethisbread View Post
    I think a few of us are hiking in from PA 325.
    So you're in on the hike, Bread?
    Sasquatch and I plan on it. We need to nail down some particulars, mostly where to meet before the hike (Doyle, most likely) then drive to parking area on 325 on Thurs. Stop somewhere Thurs night (not sure where, yet) then hike into Doyle for Fri. night. As usual, weather determines gear. I'd like to bring my guitar but I'd have to check to see if I could leave it at the Doyle while I hike.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Got a bad liver and a broken heart...
    Take it easy, but take it...iTrod

Journal Entries

Well I'm thinking it's likely to be Peters mtn Shelter. Either way it should be fun. Last year I was getting drunk dialed from the Warmer, pics sent to me of various drinking establishments, ect while I was trying to sleep at the Fontana Hilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Sasquatch and I plan on it. We need to nail down some particulars, mostly where to meet before the hike (Doyle, most likely) then drive to parking area on 325 on Thurs. Stop somewhere Thurs night (not sure where, yet) then hike into Doyle for Fri. night. As usual, weather determines gear. I'd like to bring my guitar but I'd have to check to see if I could leave it at the Doyle while I hike.

Images

Default Brew tour

i'm organizing a brew tour that starts at 11AM on saturday & continues indefinitely.

it will begin at the doyle hotel bar & will end at the doyle hotel bar, and in between we'll also be visiting the doyle hotel bar.

samplings will consist of yeungling, with perhaps some palate-cleansing coors lights mixed in.

please rsvp so we know how many to expect for this event.
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    i'm organizing a brew tour that starts at 11AM on saturday & continues indefinitely.

it will begin at the doyle hotel bar & will end at the doyle hotel bar, and in between we'll also be visiting the doyle hotel bar.

samplings will consist of yeungling, with perhaps some palate-cleansing coors lights mixed in.

I hope you can find a designated driver .
    I don't get drunk but I get a little slow, sometimes .
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post

Count me in.
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

Quote Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
    That location is only a restaraunt, all of the brewing is done at thier brewery in Lancaster (which does do tours on Satuday afternoons I believe). It's a little fancier than most brewpubs (cand;es and cloth napkins and other non-hiker clean stuff). Good menu and nice bar area for you to destroy though.
    Thanks for the info Andy. Anyone have any other ideas other than donut hockey?????? So far hiking video(s)? in rooms, work trip to AT museum or a day hike on Saturday, art show in Matty's room. Oh yea, forgot to mention there is a new 'strip club' on Route 322 next door to the Riviera bar.

Default Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Or you can leave it at my apt just down the street

Default Museum

Quote Originally Posted by BAG "o" TRICKS View Post
    Well I've only spoken with Jester and he verified what Goat said in previous post. Haven't heard from 'Warmer' founder and organizer Chomp. Hey Chomp you out there? Possible work trip to the AT museum on Saturday of that weekend, we'll need to conact Larry L. as still plenty of work to be done there.
    Not sure if they are doing anything at the museum this spring. Apparently, as hoped,the basement will not be opened this year. As per Larry's updates, only a few changes will be made to the current floor in use. Some if not all museum items are now in storage somewhere else until the museum is climate controlled.
    You can help the museum fund by becoming a 2011 museum society member and/or donating. GO to atmuseum.org

From the site: "Important! As a fledgling museum, only a portion of our space is being utilized, and of course money is a major need to develope other floors to include exciting exhibits. This year, our Fund Drive focuses on obtaining enough donations to recieve an annonymous $50,000 matching grant which would make it possible to prepare the remainder of the building to become part of the Museum. A report, available thru this link, will (1) help to make you aware of all that we have done so far, culminating in the astonishingly successful Grand Opening in June; (2) to let you know what we are planning for next year and beyond; and (3) to ask for your continued financial support to help us manage the steadily growing costs of the Museum. Please be a part of this endeavor by sending whatever contribution you can to the A.T. Museum at 1120 Pine Grove Road, Gardners, PA 17324. or click on Appalachian Al below to donate online."

So, anyway, yes that would be great to contact Larry to see if we can help with anything in February.
    Last edited by Alligator; 01-19-2011 at 22:55. Reason: off topic

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    Not sure if they are doing anything at the museum this spring. Apparently, as hoped,the basement will not be opened this year. As per Larry's updates, only a few changes will be made to the current floor in use. Some if not all museum items are now in storage somewhere else until the museum is climate controlled.
    You can help the museum fund by becoming a 2011 museum society member and/or donating. GO to atmuseum.org

From the site: "Important! As a fledgling museum, only a portion of our space is being utilized, and of course money is a major need to develope other floors to include exciting exhibits. This year, our Fund Drive focuses on obtaining enough donations to recieve an annonymous $50,000 matching grant which would make it possible to prepare the remainder of the building to become part of the Museum. A report, available thru this link, will (1) help to make you aware of all that we have done so far, culminating in the astonishingly successful Grand Opening in June; (2) to let you know what we are planning for next year and beyond; and (3) to ask for your continued financial support to help us manage the steadily growing costs of the Museum. Please be a part of this endeavor by sending whatever contribution you can to the A.T. Museum at 1120 Pine Grove Road, Gardners, PA 17324. or click on Appalachian Al below to donate online."

So, anyway, yes that would be great to contact Larry to see if we can help with anything in February.
    Mary, I already made my contribution to the museum and also plan to renew my membership at the Festival. Would you be able to contact Larry to see if we can do anything on Saturday. Thanks for updates see you soon.
    Last edited by Alligator; 01-19-2011 at 22:56. Reason: off topic

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BAG "o" TRICKS View Post
    Mary, I already made my contribution to the museum and also plan to renew my membership at the Festival. Would you be able to contact Larry to see if we can do anything on Saturday. Thanks for updates see you soon.
    Hey Tricks!!! Just thought I'd say hey since I saw you reply on here. Hope you guys have a great time! Ooo...thanks for letting us borrow Jester for Soruck. I think we corrupted him.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

the letterhead for billville should be trail angel mary, and bag o tricks, as angels blowing trumpets . with angel clothes and angel halos and cherubic angel bodys. oh, wait... sorry.
    the doyal is sorta like our clubhouse. shouldnt we be wearing colors on leather? and parrelel parking our packs out front?
    if vicky and pat had a bike with a sidecart, who would drive? and would they were goggles?
    if worldwide sealevel rises so that the doyal is riverfront property, would we build a dock to marys? and would the bad hiker poetry contest then be held on a barge moored to the doyal for overflow events?
    is there anything a hiker can do in duncanon to really get in trouble? or is it some sort of intentional hiker comunity based on free love?
    matthewski

Images

I will be scrimping and saving for this as the winter has been a long a tight budgeted one. I am planning to try and do the hike in to the Doyle. Hell it's cheaper for me to be on the trail then at home if I have the Vacation days. Like a famous Blond singer once sang "One Way or another"
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    I will be scrimping and saving for this as the winter has been a long a tight budgeted one.

You ain't alone, brother.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Roots View Post
    Hey Tricks!!! Just thought I'd say hey since I saw you reply on here. Hope you guys have a great time! Ooo...thanks for letting us borrow Jester for Soruck. I think we corrupted him.
    Hey Roots, hope all is well. Heard everyone had a good time at Soruck. Sly and others helping out always do a great job. As for corrupting Jester.., you're years too late

I contacted Larry about Billville doing a work trip at the Museum on Saturday of the warmer. Here are the responses so far from Larry and Margy, Museum Manager.
    Mary,
    I’m copying Margy on this. Margy had wanted to have a work trip to do some cleaning at the Old Mill. There may also be some repairs that need to be done or something outdoors. The end of February may be a little early.
    Best,
    Larry
    Hi Mary, Larry,
    What is the date for the Billville event? End of February IS a bit soon for spring cleaning--the dusting and window washing, etc, at least. I think the floor should be treated again, but with the space heaters and signs, etc. scattered around, it might be awkward to tackle it. You would need the heaters there to keep the building warm enough for comfort. There is definitely some other clean-up work needed, principally vacuuming up the millions of lady bug carcasses on the second floor. The basement still holds a lot of junk that could probably be disposed of. Don't think either of those tasks would keep a group busy very long, though.
    I'll think about it and see if I can come up with any other ideas.
    Margy Schmidt
    My response to Margy:
    Hi Margy,
    The Winter Warmer is the last weekend in February. If it pans out we would be coming to do whatever can be done on Saturday morning.
    If there isn't much to do we can sign up a limited appropriate number.
    Can the floor be done in sections moving things around to get it done?
    Let me know if you think of anything else.
    Mary

Default New to Billville

Someone was nice enough to suggest that I might want to come to this as I will be starting a thru-hike in March. You will all have the opportunity to give me last minute advice.

So, being someone who is not familiar with this event, how do I sign up and what do you need me to bring?

Oh, and will I get to meet matthewski?

Thimble

Quote Originally Posted by lava View Post
    Someone was nice enough to suggest that I might want to come to this as I will be starting a thru-hike in March. You will all have the opportunity to give me last minute advice.

So, being someone who is not familiar with this event, how do I sign up and what do you need me to bring?

Oh, and will I get to meet matthewski?

Thimble
    just show up and be prepared to drink a lot

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roots View Post
    How could you do that

Images

Any room for an old friend ?

DUH I don't care if there isn't, I'm coming.

Someone wake up the Geek and tell him.

Tricks I have a great poem.

Jester--I have a bag of tricks for you.

Mary - I'll bring the coffee pot love. And food. Miss you.

What's my room at the Doyle....can't remember, I know I'm always next to Camo.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++