WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Default Thank You White Blaze

Ya just gotta love it. WB site is comparable to Facebook or Twitter. It’s a constant and consistent, invitation to log on and amuse yourself with the drama of the world via social interaction, the cyber wars, drama, “expert” advice/opinions from the long time regulars, drama, actual useful information, drama, etc., etc. It brings together like minded individuals so consumed with the romantic notion the AT might offer an escape from the real world, albeit temporary, and become so addicted to that theory, they become addicted to the site. I guess it becomes a hobby to post thousands and thousands of entries, for years on end. You could liken it to the latest phenom texting endlessly on his/her smartphone, IMHO. Did I mention drama?

However elucidated, WB is still an invaluable source of crucial and informative council, exemplifying its intended purpose, regardless of how one may become distracted from that original premise. IMHO. Did I mention drama?

Thank you WB for being there when we need you the most. Happy Hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by goedde2 View Post
    Ya just gotta love it. WB site is comparable to Facebook or Twitter. It’s a constant and consistent, invitation to log on and amuse yourself with the drama of the world via social interaction, the cyber wars, drama, “expert” advice/opinions from the long time regulars, drama, actual useful information, drama, etc., etc. It brings together like minded individuals so consumed with the romantic notion the AT might offer an escape from the real world, albeit temporary, and become so addicted to that theory, they become addicted to the site. I guess it becomes a hobby to post thousands and thousands of entries, for years on end. You could liken it to the latest phenom texting endlessly on his/her smartphone, IMHO. Did I mention drama?

However elucidated, WB is still an invaluable source of crucial and informative council, exemplifying its intended purpose, regardless of how one may become distracted from that original premise. IMHO. Did I mention drama?

Thank you WB for being there when we need you the most. Happy Hiking.
    +1. Thank you Whiteblaze. I don't mind the distractions and even cause a few. The information is the best. I have been following the sickness threads with great interest. The entertainment is fun. The information is crucial.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Likely more sarcastic than you!
    Images

This post is a well-balanced mix of seriousness and facetiousness. I like it!

Come on now.. where else can you discuss the semantics of a cup, or maybe sex on the trail, over the course of 164 threads? :-)
    We are all one big human family.

I came here for the information but stayed for the drama. And the occasional Monty Python video

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    +1. Thank you Whiteblaze. I don't mind the distractions and even cause a few. The information is the best. I have been following the sickness threads with great interest. The entertainment is fun. The information is crucial.
    Quote Originally Posted by treesloth View Post
    This post is a well-balanced mix of seriousness and facetiousness. I like it!

Come on now.. where else can you discuss the semantics of a cup, or maybe sex on the trail, over the course of 164 threads? :-)
    I'm in total agreement. That's what keeps us, myself included, coming back.

Journal Entries

Addictive? No way! I am not an addict. I am completely in control.

An aside: how is it that the What's New page shows me 0 views and 4 replies to this thread? Are ya'll typing with yer eyes shut?

I'm checking WB while my biochem class takes their exam. Does that mean I have a problem?

For extra credit: If all 4 complexes of the ETS transported 4 H+'s per pair of e- and the ATPase had 15 c subunits and 4 alpha/beta dimers, what would be the P/O ratio for NADH?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    I'm checking WB while my biochem class takes their exam. Does that mean I have a problem?

For extra credit: If all 4 complexes of the ETS transported 4 H+'s per pair of e- and the ATPase had 15 c subunits and 4 alpha/beta dimers, what would be the P/O ratio for NADH?
    Easy - Forty-Two!

Long term section hiker Stalking Tortoise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FatHead64 View Post
    Easy - Forty-Two!
    Anyone with 42 isn't going to make big miles. Just sayin'...
    Completed Sections: Springer to Clingmans Dome, & Max Patch to Gorham NH

Quote Originally Posted by Stalking Tortoise View Post
    Anyone with 42 isn't going to make big miles. Just sayin'...
    eleven 11 ..... e ... leven. ahlven. alvrn. Eeeelevvvun.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Yes you have a problem.... and you are not alone. Now that we have solved that issue, perhaps you should change your name to Just Like You.

And thank you Whiteblaze for tolerating the endless thread-drift. Back on subject.

Images

///..,,..,
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by gray blazer View Post

///..,,..,
    eleven///..,,..,

Images

And so it begins, the "distraction" from the OP. In answer to your question, which appears has no direct recipient in mind, except for the entire WB community, and is entirely off topic, my answer would be that if you did have a problem, it might be not taking your job seriously enough to actually do it, instead of posting to WB, while you're actually getting paid to be on that job. Also keep in mind that there are some of us, myself included, that believe the folks that impress us the most, are the ones that don't try. That would not be you, IMHO.

At any rate, keep up the good work in the classroom, try to stay humble, and don't worry. There are still those that respect and admire you, in spite of yourself and your insecurities, so you can drop the "I'm smarter than you" act. You will more than likely gain more recognition without talking down to people, with that attitude. No offense intended.

Have a great rest of your day, and stay well.

Images

Purple as a constant function of chipmunk.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Would you believe that I'm geeky enough that I'm only just barely resisting taking my copy of Alberts off the shelf to review mitochondrial electron transport? No time, gotta get back to work ... must resist the pull ... block the ears to the Siren song ... AUGGGGH!
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Quote Originally Posted by treesloth View Post
    .... where else can you discuss ... sex on the trail, over the course of 164 threads? :-)
    Yeah, I may have a lot of posts on numerous topics but that's the reason I'm on WhiteBlaze.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    I came here for the information but stayed for the drama. And the occasional Monty Python video
    Exactly what TW said!!

Images

FH beat me to it, but 42!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++