WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default montbell is great stuff

i use the jacket great stuff

GA-ME 2011
    Images

I have two U.L. Super Spiral Down Huggers sleeping bags (#3 and #5) and love them both. I might even buy a #1. They are the warmest, most comfortable bags I own, even compared to my Feathered Friends and Marmot down bags!
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Heck yea! I have the super spiral down hugger #1 and the U.L down jacket. Best purchases ive made!

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

I just bought a Montbell Alpine Light Down Parka. Brown Santa has it scheduled for delivery on Thursday.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

I love Montbell, puffy jacket is gretat also my favorite bag in the world. I wish they made more stuff.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

Quote Originally Posted by pepkbell View Post
    i use the jacket great stuff
    the Japanese beat us in almost everything

The MontBell dynamo pants are amazing. Even after several months of almost constant wear, they show no signs of aging. The fabric is amazingly strong for such a light product. At first, I would baby the pants because I thought they would be fragile, but I soon found myself using them just like any other pants. MontBell USA sales and service folks have always gone out of their way to help me, and insure that as a customer I am satisfied. Their products might cost a bit more to begin with, but they are worth it.

Images

Old thread but i'll bite.

I used the Thermawrap parka (has a hood) for my AT hike. Lasted the whole way and i still use it in the Sierra.
    Lost a bit of it's loft, i estimate about a third, but that is after 100 plus days of being squished into and out of the pack
    and being used as a pillow.

Two thoughts on the Montebell thermawrap parka: #1 size up. If you are a mediun.. get the large.
    #2 the parka was great even unprotected in the rain. Stayed reasonably warm even when soaked and dried on my body an hour after the rain stopped.

For 99 bucks i think i got a deal considering it is still in service today.
    Don't think it would hold up to the Smokeys at 20 degrees again but all in all a good piece of gear.
    I really wish there was an American made version of this garment to replace mine when it finally dies.
    Headed in to town.. You gotta rock the down! -fellow hikers mantra

++ New Posts ++