WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gathering 2007! Woo Hoo!

Just got back today from the ALDHA Spring Meeting, and the board spent most of the time eating, staying dry, making fun of the town of Walnut Bottom, PA (maybe that was just me and Blister), and having much fervent debate over long-settled issues.

But here's the exciting bit.

On Friday we took a tour of the facilities for the Gathering at Gettysburg, PA. I've got to say, man was I impressed. The college, the campground, the Appalachian Brewing Company, the town, the proximity to my house, the battlefield, the hot college girls. . .I mean, what more could one ask? I know, I know, one could ask for hot college boys. I'm sure they're there too. Blister will give us a report.

If you can't tell I'm getting excited already, and this thing doesn't even happen until Columbus Day Weekend.

Hopefully I'll see a lot of you there. It may just be the best one yet.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Images

What's that?

Thought I heard somebody say Brewing Company...
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Sitting here just outside of Philly and awaiting my flight in the morning back to New Hampshire. I have to agree with Jester and add that this coming Gathering may be the best yet. Due to the wonderful scouting work of ALDHA members, they have obtained perhaps the most beautiful and functional spot yet for this coming years ALDHA Gathering. A beautiful campus awaits us with ample camping to rest our weary bodies.

It may be only March, the Gathering not until October, I cannot wait! The teamwork efforts at work are as impressive as the campus of Gettysburg College, Kudos to the ALDHA Board!

In addition to the beautiful campus, similar to Gatherings held in the past at Hangover, there is a wonderful town just footsteps from your favorite programs. The town is rich with historical air (and FYI Jester: the college men are just as impressive) a multitude of shops, pubs and coffee houses can occupy your time in case you may tire of hiker trash (I do not think that is possible) but there for the taking.

I cannot wait to share further information with ya'll as the plans are put into place!

Marcia - you were really missed and I hope you are feeling better!

Blister "Bitchen" Sister

Journal Entries
    Images

I am sort of disappointed that they do not keep The Gathering in the north one year and down south the next year like they had been doing. This may put me out of attending any future gatherings now. I do not have a three day weekend like most people do on Columbus Day every year and I am not to thrilled about driving 556 miles for a this every year. I know I drive 921 miles to go to Trail Days but that is a little different. I was just hoping they would keep the rotation like they were doing. I am sure this works out better for others and I am just bumming because I really enjoyed The Gatherings every other year in Hanover because I did not have to spend a whole day driving to them. It is just something I will have to learn to live with.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

I am totally stoked that it will be held in Gettysburg. Almost my backyard. The last gathering I was able to attend was in Carlisle and it was a blast. I plan at this time to be there but you never know plans may change making attendance impossible. But as of now it is a go. We will see as it get closer to the time.
    A Fact Of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says;

W T F...............

KB3SYZ
    -.- -... ...-- ... -.-- --..

http://shakeyleggs.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the update, Jester & Blister!
    I'm really looking forward to this year's Gathering!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Default Drivin?

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I am sort of disappointed that they do not keep The Gathering in the north one year and down south the next year like they had been doing. This may put me out of attending any future gatherings now. I do not have a three day weekend like most people do on Columbus Day every year and I am not to thrilled about driving 556 miles for a this every year. I know I drive 921 miles to go to Trail Days but that is a little different. I was just hoping they would keep the rotation like they were doing. I am sure this works out better for others and I am just bumming because I really enjoyed The Gatherings every other year in Hanover because I did not have to spend a whole day driving to them. It is just something I will have to learn to live with.

TROLL, WHATS THE PROBLEM, YOU KNOW HOW FAR WE DRIVE JUST TO SEE YOU GUYS AND HELP A LITTLE WITH THE FEEDIN, SO GET WITH IT MAN, START SAVIN NOW FOR THE TRIP. YOU'LL LOVE IT, THE GATHERING IS TO MANY HUGS AND SO MUCH HIKER FUNK AND LOVE. JUST DO IT!!! SEE YOU GUYS IN MAY!!!!! TAKE CARE!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    TROLL, WHATS THE PROBLEM, YOU KNOW HOW FAR WE DRIVE JUST TO SEE YOU GUYS AND HELP A LITTLE WITH THE FEEDIN, SO GET WITH IT MAN, START SAVIN NOW FOR THE TRIP. YOU'LL LOVE IT, THE GATHERING IS TO MANY HUGS AND SO MUCH HIKER FUNK AND LOVE. JUST DO IT!!! SEE YOU GUYS IN MAY!!!!! TAKE CARE!
    I know Legs, the problem is that the wife gets car sick on long trips. I could not believe I talk her into going with me to Trail Days this year, but I think your wife going also has something to do with it.

Don't write me off on The Gathering yet. We will try to make it. The main problem like I mentioned is that I do not get a three day weekend like most people do on that weekend.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Troll, look at it this way, it could have been in West Virginia again. Sadly, I hope to miss this year.

Default Drivin?

I know Legs, the problem is that the wife gets car sick on long trips. I could not believe I talk her into going with me to Trail Days this year, but I think your wife going also has something to do with it.

Don't write me off on The Gathering yet. We will try to make it. The main problem like I mentioned is that I do not get a three day weekend like most people do on that weekend.
    Would never write you off ,Sir!!! Just pickin at ya, know you wanna be there and probably will.I figure,you'll find a way to make it. Take care man, and drive safe. see ya in a couple months.

I like the idea of a new place although Dartmouth was always a pleasure as well as Pipestem. Gettysburg campus is a nice one and i'm sure it will be a good one.
    However, I must miss this coming year's gathering also for only my 3rd miss in the last 21 years. My son was born on Oct 14 here in Thailand and i am not going to miss his birthday this time. It was a heartbreaker being at the gathering last year and having to talk to him on the phone. Sorry folks, i guess my priorities are changing. The following year, 2008 I am hoping to bring them (my wife and son) to the gathering with me.

thanks jester for the work you do. i worked at gettysburg at 16 in the youth conservation corps, restoring the battlefeild to its 1865 look. cutting trees and lining ditches with rock, building the big roundtop trail and such. the battlefeild is spooky at night and i suggest we plan a night walk gosthunt. remember, this is a gravesite,the whole town. weird vibes abound. i dare anyone to sleep in the battelfeild alone at night. double tripple dare.
    matthewski

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Lightbulb

I think we should all donate $10.00 to buy ATTROLL flight tickets, accommodations, and meals.--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

usually confused but never lost Fannypack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    i dare anyone to sleep in the battelfeild alone at night. double tripple dare.
    I hear that some hiker has stealthed there. I will not mention a name. Maybe he will come forward and fess up to the deed (illegal, I believe).

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Gettysburg is beatiful country. The fields are somber, but the campus is a party! It is a total package of an area.
    Though I don't know where the winds will have blown me this fall, if I'm around I will try to organize a "ghost hunt" type thing......though they have one there already that is great.......I've done some work with the Philadelphia Ghost Hunters Socity there. Not gonna find many more in one spot! Hope I can be there!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Default Legs is awake!!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Hey Legs, you tell him. LOL. Guy's if you do take up a collection for troll, let me know, I will hide in his luggage.

I haven't been to one yet, and was hoping it was back in Hanover this year, but I just might have to put some thought into this.
    "If I get started in the right direction, I just might get to where I want to go." -- Tab Benoit

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    i dare anyone to sleep in the battelfeild alone at night. double tripple dare.
    It's easy, and fun, to do! Easier to do nowadays, probably, because of budget cuts and staff reductions, I'm sad to say. Just LNT, and take nothing.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

kicking around ideas for the next adventure 1Pint's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Just LNT, and take nothing.
    I know the traditional LNT saying is "leave only footprints, take only pictures" but I have to go with Teej on this.... leave nothing and take NO pictures. If you're going to commit a crime, PLEASE don't help the prosecution by providing proof of your crime.

Can't wait to meet you all at the 2007 Gathering!!
    "It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life." Train

Quote Originally Posted by 1Pint View Post
    I know the traditional LNT saying is "leave only footprints, take only pictures" but I have to go with Teej on this.... leave nothing and take NO pictures.....

What about those ghost recordings that those guys do in prison? I heard on Coast to Coast with George Noory some guys mentioning doing it at the battlefield....can't remember what they got though....spooky stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    What about those ghost recordings that those guys do in prison? I heard on Coast to Coast with George Noory some guys mentioning doing it at the battlefield....can't remember what they got though....spooky stuff....

I meant old no longer used prisons....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++