WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I thought everyone used a designated "p" bottle for tenting.....I wouldn't trust an empty Mountain House bag....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    I thought everyone used a designated "p" bottle for tenting.....I wouldn't trust an empty Mountain House bag....
    I'd rather pee in a mountain house bag than eat what's in there... I haven't found many trail foods to my liking. Perhaps I'm not walking far enough or long enough. Instant mashed taters and a roll do me just fine.

As for advice, here's my tips after my first trip:
    http://theosus1.wordpress.com/wp-adm...76&action=edit
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

Images

I'd rather pee in a mountain house bag than eat what's in there... I haven't found many trail foods to my liking. Perhaps I'm not walking far enough or long enough. Instant mashed taters and a roll do me just fine.

As for advice, here's my tips after my first trip:
    http://theosus1.wordpress.com/2012/0...-in-the-woods/
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

Registered User Transient Being's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Im with ya on that. I carry a peanut butter jar with me just for that. It sux getting up sometimes twice in the middle of the night just to do that after hiking 20 miles. Or laying there thinking, " I have to pee, but don't want to get out of my warm bag." Problem solved. That's my second biggest tip after cutting off toothbrush.
    Fortune favors the brave--Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by Whack-a-mole View Post
    I stuck a small piece of reflective tape on the bottom of my bear bag. When it's hung high, even a good distance from camp, a quick shine of a flash light will let you know that it is still there.
    I hear those smarter than the average bears in Yosemite and the Daks are carrying flashlights to identify hanging food bags too. Oh, BTW used MH bags not only work well for a pee bottle but I'm sure da bears will be attracted to the smells as well so they might be willing to cart off your uh "remains." C'mon that's a questionable use as both a pee bottle and food receptacle lying next to you all night where bears exist.

IF the MH bags are a bad idea for pee bottles in bear areas do ya think a peanut butter jar is much better. Bears don't like peanut butter, do they? Oh wait I forgot, your brand of pee neutralizes all bear attracting odors right? Never mind.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    IF the MH bags are a bad idea for pee bottles in bear areas do ya think a peanut butter jar is much better. Bears don't like peanut butter, do they? Oh wait I forgot, your brand of pee neutralizes all bear attracting odors right? Never mind.
    What? Theres this thing called a dishwasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient Being View Post
    What? Theres this thing called a dishwasher.
    Exactly!!! But it's much easier for some to jump to conclusions.

So you take empty MH packages at home and run them through the dishwasher. Whew had me not wanting to be sleeping anywhere near your shelter in bear areas. Sounds great. Why don't you paint them in camo. I'll buy two. I'll be the first to have an UL stealthy pee pouch made by a guy who calls himself Transient Being. That somehow doesn't sound right. PLEASE, make sure my pee pouches have the ziploc on top. It's friday. I had to let loose. Oops, shouldn't have said that. I feel an urge. Can you place a rush order on those stealthy pee pouches?

C'mon, R U really going to blame me for jumping to an incorrect conclusion in this situation? Who the heck saves used MH pouches, washes them, and brings the empty washed ones along separately, probably with uneaten packaged MH meals, to pee in? OK, beat with a wooden spoon. I was wrong. I jumped to an incorrect conclusion. I'll use up my We Forgive You For Jumping To An Incorrect Conclusion card on this one. I haven't used it yet this yr.

Images

i would much prefer to do my business outside of my tent, regardless of weather.i really dont need to risk a leaky receptacle. dishwashed mountain house bags?why not just use a ziplock freezer bag?
    maybe if i were in a shelter, but im not peeing in my tent.

It's friday. I had to let loose. Oops, shouldn't have said that. I feel an urge. Can you place a rush order on those stealthy pee pouches?
    ...ABSOLUTELY outdoor enthusiast, this MHPB (Mountain House Pee Bag) can be yours for only $14.95!! Yes, that's right, only $14.95!! BUT YOU HAVE TO ACT FAST BEFORE SUPPLIES RUN OUT!! BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!! If you act NOW we'll throw in an extra MHPB at no additional cost!! That's right. TWO MHPB's for only $14.95!! And as an added BONUS we'll throw in an ultra light dishwasher weighing only 2.3 ounces!! That's right enthusiast ONLY 2.3 ounces!! Offer only available while supplies last. Void where prohibited.

Swingin' for the fence today...moon phase?
    "eastern rain is made of skittles and one need only pack an appetite." - mweinstone

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    ...ABSOLUTELY outdoor enthusiast, this MHPB (Mountain House Pee Bag) can be yours for only $14.95!! Yes, that's right, only $14.95!! BUT YOU HAVE TO ACT FAST BEFORE SUPPLIES RUN OUT!! BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!! If you act NOW we'll throw in an extra MHPB at no additional cost!! That's right. TWO MHPB's for only $14.95!! And as an added BONUS we'll throw in an ultra light dishwasher weighing only 2.3 ounces!! That's right enthusiast ONLY 2.3 ounces!! Offer only available while supplies last. Void where prohibited.
    No, no, no. You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to type with an Australian accent!
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerChef View Post
    No, no, no. You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to type with an Australian accent!
    LOLOLOL!!!! Clarification. I actually DO have an Australian accent now!! Happened right after the bear swiped my pee bag and scared me senseless....

Journal Entries
    Images

Doggie dude. Chill out. U wash an old pb jar and pee in it. Its really simple really. I love peeing in my old jar! But due to cutbacks id be willing to sell u my old one for 14.95!!! This offer wont last so act NOW!

What a deal. I'll act now while supplies are limited in this limited time offer. Are there operators standing by to assist me with my MHPB purchases? Credit cards OK?

I gotta have some fun here. Hey, I find the MHPB a fresh idea. Sure beats seeing the same old beaten to death thread topics.

BTW, is there a female version? I think one would make a great Christmas present for mom.

I gotta have some fun here....
    I, for one had a lot of fun here last night! Thanks! Hmmmm....a line of MHPB's for women... NOW that just may be a business venture worth exploring. Off to secure a patent....

Images

I gotta have some fun here. Hey, I find the MHPB a fresh idea. Sure beats seeing the same old beaten to death thread topics.

BTW, is there a female version? I think one would make a great Christmas present for mom.
    You gonna explain it? Show her how to use it? No thanks. Learned MY lesson years ago with pots and pans to the wife for Christmas. Sheesh. You do NOT give them what they want. Or at least, what they've been complaining about.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++