WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 71 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2679
    Images

when is hunting season bustling in the area she went missing? Where I reside in the tri state area of NJ/NY/PA it always seems like hunters find the missing people. Once the leaves fall maybe there will be evidence exposed too. What type of wildlife is in the disappearance area? Can they get a tracker in there to help? Just suggestions, at this point, have area (mental and morgue) hospitals been checked over for jane doe's? Every time I come onto WB I check this thread hoping she hit her head and became amnesic and ended up at a hospital for care.
    I am well again, I came to life in the cool winds and crystal waters of the mountains...

~ John Muir ~

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishLass View Post
    Does anyone know if Gerry's family and/or friends have consulted with a psychic?
    Maybe you should ask a psychic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sliderule View Post
    Maybe you should ask a psychic!!!
    Wonderful!

Hunters seemingly are always are the ones to find things unfortunately. Though I am not sure how often that area gets hunted or if hunting in the area is allowed (though I have the feeling it is). It maybe just too remote and/or rugged for big game hunters to drag their quarry back to an access point.

Quote Originally Posted by Symba View Post
    when is hunting season bustling in the area she went missing? Where I reside in the tri state area of NJ/NY/PA it always seems like hunters find the missing people. Once the leaves fall maybe there will be evidence exposed too. What type of wildlife is in the disappearance area? Can they get a tracker in there to help? Just suggestions, at this point, have area (mental and morgue) hospitals been checked over for jane doe's? Every time I come onto WB I check this thread hoping she hit her head and became amnesic and ended up at a hospital for care.
    We've had one week of the moose hunt (this would surprise me as a likely moose hunt area, too hard to get an animal that size out), bear season has been going on (ditto), and rifle season for deer starts end of October through Thanksgiving. I do not know how much this area is walked for hunting, wish someone could elucidate on that. Higher up like this it strikes me as not likely.
    AT02, LT 03-04, BMT05, NPT06, Haute Route07, Abol Ridgerunner 07/08, EBC Nepal trek 10

Generally speaking, this area would be used more by deer hunters. There would only be a limited amount of hunters that would concentrate on the top of some of the mountains because of the physical aspect of that type of hunting.

There is a Memorial Service being held tomorrow (10/12) for Geraldine Largay aka "Inchworm". I think information about it was mentioned in earlier posts.

In the meantime, I keep checking here hoping for something which will bring closure. Her disappearance is so bizarre.

anyone hear how the memorial service went for inchworm yesterday?

.com

The memorial was beautiful! George did such a great job capturing Gerry throughout the service. George, his son in law, and two children told moving and often humorous stories about Gerry. She was a former Air Force nurse, so her family was presented with the flag. As Gerry requested, the ceremony closed with bagpipes playing Amazing Grace. Afterwards, the hundreds of attendees gathered at a reception in the Rectory of the church. Friends and family members set up tables with memorabilia about Gerry's many interests, which of course include hiking. I think she would have been pleased. I heard multiple times about the caring hiking community, especially those on White Blaze. One final comment, I met many women who considered Gerry her best friend. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all led such a life that multiple people felt that we were loved as a best friend?

Quote Originally Posted by ElephantEater View Post
    The memorial was beautiful! George did such a great job capturing Gerry throughout the service. George, his son in law, and two children told moving and often humorous stories about Gerry. She was a former Air Force nurse, so her family was presented with the flag. As Gerry requested, the ceremony closed with bagpipes playing Amazing Grace. Afterwards, the hundreds of attendees gathered at a reception in the Rectory of the church. Friends and family members set up tables with memorabilia about Gerry's many interests, which of course include hiking. I think she would have been pleased. I heard multiple times about the caring hiking community, especially those on White Blaze. One final comment, I met many women who considered Gerry her best friend. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all led such a life that multiple people felt that we were loved as a best friend?
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I really appreciate it.

I don't know about everyone else, but somehow the knowledge that Gerry has had a memorial service makes her probable death so much more real to me. It's a hard pill to swallow, and Kit, I agree, Gerry had to be an extraordinary woman to have so many express their love and gratitude for her friendship - an awesome legacy for sure!
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

i dont know about the memorial service thing,,, i dont know if its just me or not but by having a memorial service for somebody to me is giving up any hope she "could" be found alive, its not been that long to draw a definite answer to that, im still on the other side of the fence on what happened to her, i still think there is foul play involved, and if there was it doesn't mean she is dead already (take the ohio girls that were kidnaped for 10 years) and got out alive!!! so i dont care what anybody says im holding out hope she will be found some day alive.....

I wanted to mention this earlier but since the investigation was active at the time I respectfully refrained from posting. I became aware of a researcher (Missing 411), from another forum, who's been researching exactly these types of disappearances for the past 4 years. I've read this entire heartbreaking thread and think this falls into the type of cases he's studied.

Basically a very small minority of missing persons vanish without a trace inexplicably in the wilderness and/or national parks. Cases concerning people who are often capable, not suicidal, vanish without a trace, circumstances that don't make any sense, large S&R effort, no serial killer suspected, no wild animal suspected.

He offers no explanation but simply says such cases exists. Please disregard if you find this not relevant or disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by wbmac View Post
    I wanted to mention this earlier but since the investigation was active at the time I respectfully refrained from posting. I became aware of a researcher (Missing 411), from another forum, who's been researching exactly these types of disappearances for the past 4 years. I've read this entire heartbreaking thread and think this falls into the type of cases he's studied.

Basically a very small minority of missing persons vanish without a trace inexplicably in the wilderness and/or national parks. Cases concerning people who are often capable, not suicidal, vanish without a trace, circumstances that don't make any sense, large S&R effort, no serial killer suspected, no wild animal suspected.

He offers no explanation but simply says such cases exists. Please disregard if you find this not relevant or disrespectful.
    If you are going to go there, it should be noted that the "Missing 411" writer is also the founder of the North America Bigfoot Search.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DaTwiztedOne View Post
    i dont know about the memorial service thing,,, i dont know if its just me or not but by having a memorial service for somebody to me is giving up any hope she "could" be found alive, its not been that long to draw a definite answer to that, im still on the other side of the fence on what happened to her, i still think there is foul play involved, and if there was it doesn't mean she is dead already (take the ohio girls that were kidnaped for 10 years) and got out alive!!! so i dont care what anybody says im holding out hope she will be found some day alive.....
    I sincerely doubt the family and friends of Gerry Largay have, or ever will, give up the hope that she will just walk through the door. Until there is some concrete evidence that proves she will not walk through the door, that hope never goes away. Ever. Maine Association for Search and Rescue is still continuing their efforts to look for her. They were just out there again on October 12. Nobody has given up. People are still looking and hoping to find Gerry Largay. They are just running out of areas to look.

Having a memorial service does not mean anyone has given up. It just means that the family and friends need an outlet for their feelings. At some point, life goes on...whether we want it to, or not. There are no time limits on these things. The time for a memorial service was apparently right for the family and does not deserve to be criticized. They needed this for themselves. Having friends and family gather and tell stories about Gerry might help with the pain they are all experiencing, and the hell they are living. If nothing else, they had the opportunity to share the grief they are enduring. Sometimes, people need to share their grief and know that others out there are feeling the same way.

You can choose to view it as giving up, but I doubt that any one of her friends and family will ever give up on Gerry.

amen, water rat, well-said. thanks for sharing.

.com

Images

http://www.outersports.com/blog/sear...missing-hiker/

Some signs might have been found.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    Thank you for sharing this. I hope some useful information resulted from this search. Although I do have to say, I find it a little inappropriate for them to include advertising their wares in this context

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Thank you for sharing this. I hope some useful information resulted from this search. Although I do have to say, I find it a little inappropriate for them to include advertising their wares in this context
    One of the strange things about it is that it's on a company website, not a general news website. I've been wondering if anyone has seen anything else about these purported clues. I'm hoping this is a real breakthrough.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Journal Entries

It would be totally plausible to expect to find some gear downstream of a sometimes hazardous water crossing crossed by many hikers over the years.

Page 71 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++