WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

On a serious note...prob time to shut it down...opinions are like arseholes...everyone has one...only started this thread to share my bad luck with months of planning to have trip ruined by an event out of my control....life happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Too bad "Hooters Air" didn't make it!! ......

I Read that and immediately pictured myself flying on the back of a giant owl. I hope that soon genetic engineering will make this a possibility.

With any luck, we'll be having discussions about hikers that are owl blazing in a few years. I can already hear the purists ranting about the good old days when you couldn't just fly your owl down the trail and how it's ruining the experience for "real" thru hikers.
    Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 07-24-2016 at 11:22.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Ha....I ready to fly...saddle him up!

Journal Entries

Too bad "Hooters Air" didn't make it!! ......

Hooters girls are basically just skanks looking for tips. Wouldnt matter in air or on ground.

Glad I blinked and missed their foray into air service.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Hooters girls are basically just skanks looking for tips. Wouldnt matter in air or on ground.

Glad I blinked and missed their foray into air service.
    Hey....watch it!!! I met my wife there...........not

Journal Entries

Hey....watch it!!! I met my wife there...........not

Took my son there to eat when he was 14. He was expecting it was a nudie bar or something. Didnt take him long to figure out attractive girls were being nice and chatty with old guys in order to get tips. Laughing, calling friends over to meet them, etc.

Skanks haves their good points.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 07-24-2016 at 15:45.

Images

On a serious note...prob time to shut it down...opinions are like arseholes...everyone has one...only started this thread to share my bad luck with months of planning to have trip ruined by an event out of my control....life happens!

Wow, this thread got weird in the last couple of days... yikes! Where did the US flight attendant bashing come from????? I do agree that overseas travel on foreign airlines is usually a tad more comfortable, but I can't piece together why this applies to this thread? I'd probably have to read our resident curmudgeon's posts to figure that out, na-ga-da!

Anyway, just sayin', I realize you're disappointed Salty, I'd be taking it worse than your are, but your planning isn't really ruined and should still be all-in for your 2-month delay, can't really think of much that will be any different, this will nail down your sleeping bag choice to your warmer one, plus take a decent insulating layer, probably had that anyway for July even, I pretty much carry the same kit in September vs. July out here, slightly cooler at night, but les chance of getting drenched in the afternoon, generally.

Once I'm flyin' on this plane, and the pilot comes on the speaker and says "this is your captain, we'll be flying at 35,000 feet today, we've a tail wind so our flight will last approximately 5 hours" he forgets to turn the microphone off, and minute or so later we can hear him say to the co-pilot, "man ya know what I could really go for, a women and a nice hot cup of coffee" so the stewardess goes bolting up the isle to tell him his microphones on, and this old guy shouts out..."Hey hon, don't forget the coffee"

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    Wow, this thread got weird in the last couple of days... yikes! Where did the US flight attendant bashing come from????? I do agree that overseas travel on foreign airlines is usually a tad more comfortable, but I can't piece together why this applies to this thread? I'd probably have to read our resident curmudgeon's posts to figure that out, na-ga-da!

Anyway, just sayin', I realize you're disappointed Salty, I'd be taking it worse than your are, but your planning isn't really ruined and should still be all-in for your 2-month delay, can't really think of much that will be any different, this will nail down your sleeping bag choice to your warmer one, plus take a decent insulating layer, probably had that anyway for July even, I pretty much carry the same kit in September vs. July out here, slightly cooler at night, but les chance of getting drenched in the afternoon, generally.
    Not sure what happened here......I'm hoping to have switched up from the 15* bag to a 20* hammock gear quilt by the time my trip happens, if so I might opt to bring the xtherm over the xlite and maybe heavier wt base layer with a UL down parka for insulation......thx again for all the great info!

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Once I'm flyin' on this plane, and the pilot comes on the speaker and says "this is your captain, we'll be flying at 35,000 feet today, we've a tail wind so our flight will last approximately 5 hours" he forgets to turn the microphone off, and minute or so later we can hear him say to the co-pilot, "man ya know what I could really go for, a women and a nice hot cup of coffee" so the stewardess goes bolting up the isle to tell him his microphones on, and this old guy shouts out..."Hey hon, don't forget the coffee"
    My kinda flight!

Quote Originally Posted by dudeijuststarted View Post
    My kinda flight!
    Yup, nothin' like a good tail wind, and a attentive stewardess.

Images

20* hammock gear should be perfect, and yeah, consider a UL down sweater, Montbell UL-something or MHW ghost whisperer, 6-7 ounces of pure bliss on chilly mornings and some/most evenings. I carry the MHW GW-vest even in the height of summer. I'm hittin' a small part of both the east and west Collegiate loop trails in a couple days (5-6 day convoluted peak-bagging loop), I'll keep my eyes out for perfect hammock spots and letcha know where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Nice

Do you steal lines from other movies, or just "Good Will Hunting?"
    The older I get, the faster I hiked.

Remember folks, the report post icon is the triangle with the explanation point in the middle. Sexist posts violate the user agreement. The link to the user agreement is in my signature and can also be found under the Ods & Ends pulldown menu at the top of the page.

2. Offensive posting is not allowed. That includes use of illegal substances, racism, sexism, or posts that ridicule, belittle, taunt, mock, or assault the character of other members. Our policy does not protect people that choose to verbally assault other members that may disagree with them. In essence members can disagree but should remain respectful of the person they disagree with.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++