WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Section Hiking to Maine. little bear's Avatar
    Images

will keep you and him in our prayers
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

May God place his hands on Dalton, and bless and heal him quickly.

Prayers sent this morning. May God hold you all in the palm of His hand.

God bless you and he as you begin this long and difficult journey. My prayers are with you.

Thumbs up

this is dalton thank you to the trail community for your prayers. i am feeling alot better sense i got out of the hospital. i will behave myself and obey what the doctors and grandma and parents tell me to do.grandma and i are making plans to go hiking with each other and maybe ill see some of you on the trail.

Dalton and family... the whole hiking family is praying for you and your family! Hope you will let us know about your experience on trail! Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    this is dalton thank you to the trail community for your prayers. i am feeling alot better sense i got out of the hospital. i will behave myself and obey what the doctors and grandma and parents tell me to do.grandma and i are making plans to go hiking with each other and maybe ill see some of you on the trail.
    Praise God! I am so glad and I'll pray for your continued recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    Please say a prayer for my grandson, Dalton. Some of you may have met him at the Billville Feed in Port Clinton in '03. He got the trail name "yo-yo" at that event.
    He has had kidney and bladder problems for a year and most recently is in the hospital because of renal failure. They are doing dialysis and tests. The results of the tests will be available today form the doctor but yesterday he said that he doesn't think he needs to see the results. He believes that Dalton will need dialysis until we find him a kidney transplant.
    Attached are some pics of Dalton at the feed in '03. He is 15 years old now.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you in this most stressful and suspenseful time. I will personally add you to my prayer list. Please keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    Dear Heavenly Father, I request humbly your Healing Touch upon this young man and his family.
    Very nicely said.

Default Update on Dalton

I asked a lot of questions of my daughter Tina yesterday concerning Dalton. Some to clarify what I knew and some that were questions from others.

He is having renal dialysis now 3 times a week at the hospital. He is not on any kidney transplant list nor have they started testing for possible relatives that match. That is because there is a slim chance that his kidneys may recover enough to not need the transplant from this month of renal dialysis.

If there is no progress towards recovery of the kidneys he will have the scheduled operation to insert the other dialysis catheter in his stomach and will then begin dialysis nightly at home. At that time testing will begin for relatives matching for transplant. If no willing relatives match he will then be put on the transplant list.

He had an appointment with the heart doctor last week. He said that the walls of the heart are thicker than normal but not enough to warrant concern at this point.

He is on a complicated schedule of meds and we have to keep records of everything he eats so that his numbers for sodium, potassium and phosphorous do not go over 2,000 mg each on any given day. The food he misses most is pizza. He can eat a half a pizza by hmself and he is only allowed one slice on any given day.

Here is a pic I took of him on Monday June 10.

Sorry to hear about all of this.

Why don't you talk to the MD about the possibility of letting him have unlimited pizza as a one-time thing the evening prior to dialysis? I'm not sure if this is possible with dialysis, but I have had MDs let a diabetic patient have a reasonable "treat" meal while hospitalized since they were on close glucose monitoring and were getting sliding scale insulin. It might be worth inquiring about.

Default Update on Dalton

Although YoYo (Dalton) appears fine to look at him and is in good spirits, doctors have confirmed that his kidneys will not recover above the 5% function. He complains a bit about having to write everything down, but understands the reasons and seriousness of his condition.
    His potassium levels were high one day last week but two days later were back in okay range.
    Tuesday, the 17th YoYo, myself and Marco Solo ('06-'07er visiting) went on a hike attempting the climb from the base of the mountain to Hawk Rock. Dalton made it but I had to stop and wait for him to come back down about 2/10 from the top. I just couldn't go any more because of the arthritis in my knees. Any way, we had a great time. Yo Yo especially on the way down when he was in the front and sped down the trail. Here are some pics.

Default Update on Dalton

Dalton and parents were at training for his peritoneal dialysis today, when he started having severe pain in his back. He is now in a hospital room having tests done for the reason for the pain. They have him on morphine. The doctors are stumped but believe it is from an infection. The reason for the infection and the location they are trying to determine.

Prayers from Ohio.

Images

Best wishes for Dalton and your entire family. Hang in there.

Tho I'm not a particularly religious person, I do believe that good things come to good people. You have shown how good you are over the years. Keep up your confidence.

Our thoughts are with you Mary, and family!

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I'm so sorry, Mary. Praying for his full recovery. Take care.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    Don't know your grandson's blood type - but I'm AB+, only 3 in 100 have it. I will help anyway I can if he falls into that. I'm absolutely serious.
    Yep, me too, AB+ as well. I'd be glad to donate as well. Prayers to you.

Default Update on Yo-Yo

Dalton's Doctors are discussing if they should remove one kidney. Apparently, the same kidney keeps causing problems with infections.
    He cannot be put on a donor list until they get two things stable. One is his blood pressure and I forget the other.
    I am worried about his mental state as is my daughter. She talked to their peritoneal instructor today and she is going to arrange counseling for him. The peritoneal classes are being interrupted until they get kidney infection solved.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

::: Dino wraps a loving tail around Mary and her family and prays earnestly for the doctors to make the best decision for Dalton :::

Mary, if there is anything I can do to help you get thru this, don't hesitate to contact me on MySpace. I've been thru a few such situations with my grandchildren and I know it just tears your heart up to see one of the precious babies suffering and not to be able to stop it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++