WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Lightheart Tent

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lightheart Tent

I just got one of these
    http://lightheartgear.com/lighthearttent1.html

to try from the manufacturer. She liked my observations of her tent when I saw it at Trail Days. I asked her if she had a demo I could try and she said she had one of her first tents, that the new ones pitch a little tauter, and that the reinforcing patches for the pole handles (inside, on the floor) are now cordura (they are silnylon in "my" tent).
    I weighed it - 1lb.9-7/8 oz. It uses telescoping trekking poles for setup with a little spreader bar at the peak for better headroom (than the original Wanderlust tent, on which it is based). I plan on using it in the yard for a few nights and maybe (if it rains and I'm not needed this weekend at the bike shop) bringing it to the Long Trail Festival. We'll see about that one.
    I'm not really a tent person, but if this works for my wife and I, it might just get her out on the trail again (she hasn't hiked with me since I've gone lightweight - I still hike too fast and too far for her liking).
    I guess a couple of overnighters at low elevation wouldn't kill me .
    More to come.
    Last edited by Tinker; 08-03-2009 at 20:15. Reason: Corrected punctuation
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

++ New Posts ++