WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Local View Post
    Newb, the reps have provided a great service to hikers in the past. I've personally seen them repairing equipment (at no cost), replacing broken equipment for free, providing a lot of advice on equipment problems, providing free meals, etc. They did this all for free and the town wanted to charge them for doing this, so now none of them, repeat, none of them will be in the campground. The word I have is that all of the manufacturers' representatives have moved to either Sundog Outfitters or Mount Rogers Outfitters. The hiker feed has also been moved. I'll post this information on the Trail Days website soon.

I know that. I look forward to having the Leki reps fix one of my poles this year. I can't help it if the town fathers are getting greedy, I just see a silver lining in this. More parking is a good thing.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    I can't help it if the town fathers are getting greedy,
    I'm not going to jump on the bash the town of Damascus bandwagon without knowing all the facts. Someone has to pay for Traildays, and if charging Leki (and others) $100 is necessary to balance the books then so be it. Better the users pay for the festival than the property owners in town. $100 is pretty cheap advertising for a company like Leki.

++ New Posts ++