WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2084 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 1084 1584 1984 2034 2074 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2094 2134 2184 ... LastLast
Results 41,661 to 41,680 of 49000
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    This is a question for the mature crowd. What do you think of Bretton Woods? I'm thinking we might fly to Boston, rent a car a and stay at Bretton Woods for a week. Any body got anything positive to say about BW?
    It's smack dab in the middle of the Whites. LW understates - it's a hiking mecca. Tough, gorgeous, rewarding. Views high and low - waterfalls, prominent peaks, nasty notches.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    My wife says I do not have high blood pressure or stress, because I give it to other people..
    That's funny.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

I've hiked up Mt Willey (named for my unfortunate ancestors). Hiked, driven and taken the cog to the top of Washington. I want to show my wife the area.

I was wondering if anybody had stayed at Bretton Woods or is that for fat rich cats who love to play golf (I ain't quite there yet)?
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by S'more View Post
    aww gee thanks. 19/20 is pretty good. better than Meatloafs 2/3.
    you were typing like a bat outta hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer:1487271
    I've hiked up Mt Willey (named for my unfortunate ancestors). Hiked, driven and taken the cog to the top of Washington. I want to show my wife the area.

I was wondering if anybody had stayed at Bretton Woods or is that for fat rich cats who love to play golf (I ain't quite there yet)?
    Omni runs really nice hotels. Never stayed at one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    It's smack dab in the middle of the Whites. LW understates - it's a hiking mecca. Tough, gorgeous, rewarding. Views high and low - waterfalls, prominent peaks, nasty notches.
    Wish you hadn't made this post...made my feet start itching.

Images

Don't have to be fat and rich to play golf. I love it and I am neither.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I love going to the driving range, gets out tons of frustration, I just put a mental image of someones face on that little ball, and Whacko! all better!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I love going to the driving range, gets out tons of frustration, I just put a mental image of someones face on that little ball, and Whacko! all better!
    While we're young!
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    My wife says I do not have high blood pressure or stress, because I give it to other people..
    yeah, I just go to the driving range.....see above

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    While we're young!
    think I'll hit the range this weekend.....got a few people in my life right now, I mean balls that need Whackin...

think I'll hit the range this weekend.....got a few people in my life right now, I mean balls that need Whackin...
    Are you or have you been watching the Open?

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Are you or have you been watching the Open?
    No, I do follow along sometimes when I'm around though, I like watching golf on TV, kinda got into golf about ten years ago, then had a had surgurey that side lined me, and only just recently started hittin em again....not a big player though, Prolly played less than 10 times in my whole life....great game though!

No, I do follow along sometimes when I'm around though, I like watching golf on TV, kinda got into golf about ten years ago, then had a had surgurey that side lined me, and only just recently started hittin em again....not a big player though, Prolly played less than 10 times in my whole life....great game though!
    I may go to the driving range once in a while. Like you say, it does help to relieve stress .

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Images

i would enjoy golf more if it didnt involve clubs and balls

Quote Originally Posted by S'more View Post
    I hid in the basement. Derecho. . . scary.
    This weatherman tried to hide from a 6-legged Derecho
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1AhnWAhHc

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    i would enjoy golf more if it didnt involve clubs and balls
    What's golf?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I just never had any friends yet to take me to the golf course. I do play basketball three times a week. I'm the oldest slowest guy out there. Old fat white guy can't jump, but I can sure chase those kids around.

I just never had any friends yet to take me to the golf course. I do play basketball three times a week. I'm the oldest slowest guy out there. Old fat white guy can't jump, but I can sure chase those kids around.
    You have made it to 58 without golf. Dont start because like crack cocaine there is a risk of addiction right away!

Images

Did you know golf spelled backwards is Flog? Turn me on, dead man.

++ New Posts ++