Hey now,
I am Mike Evans or The Grateful Greenpeace Guy. I thru-hiked in AT in 1995 and the PCT in 1998 and have been running Front Royal Terrapin Station Hostel for over 10 years.

I am strongly considering selling the hostel and moving closer to my grandchildren (Winchester, VA). I know many hikers are looking for a business opportunity and a chance to continue their trail experience by helping hikers and living on the AT. I have enjoyed my opportunity to serve the trail community, but now it is someone else's turn.

Here are the details:
  • Virginia Appalachian Trail, MP 961.4 Northbound
  • Located near Front Royal
  • Established 2003-present
  • Proven income with shuttle services and hostel
  • Currently operates 4/27-7/4 yearly, but could be expanded
  • Immediately adjacent to Shenandoah National Park, 1/2 mile to AT
  • Shuttles operate PenMar to Rockfish Gap (busy March-November)
  • Licensed and approved by Rappahannock County, VA with annual water test and health department visit
  • Sleeps 15 or with room for 6 cars
  • Hostel is downstairs, separate from the living area and includes a specially designed bunk room which sleeps 12+ with a charging station next to each bunk, a living area for the hikers includes laundry, bathroom with shower, kitchen area with freezer and refrigerator, TV, extensive library, games, puzzles, etc.
  • Upstairs living area includes 3 bedrooms, one more full bath, back deck, dining room, shed, large backyard with mature trees and privacy fence

I would like for all hikers to share this information with anyone that might be interested. Any or all questions are encouraged.

Thanks so much!