WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by maxNcathy View Post
    TT, Did you stay at Neels Gap or just pass through?
    Stayed the night. Good eats. That was also my first meeting with Wingfoot. The night before had been a cold one, camped on a ridge somewhere south of Blood Mtn. Brrr. The day I left Neels I camped again, somewhere near Low Gap, as I recall. Easy camping in GA.

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin_too View Post
    Stayed the night. Good eats. That was also my first meeting with Wingfoot. The night before had been a cold one, camped on a ridge somewhere south of Blood Mtn. Brrr. The day I left Neels I camped again, somewhere near Low Gap, as I recall. Easy camping in GA.
    TT, Where did you stay at Neels Gap? Did they have a tv? What time of year was it? were you cold in your sleeping bag on the ridge south of Blood Mt? What rating of bag did you have then? Were you in a tent? Did you ever get knee problems?

Quote Originally Posted by maxNcathy View Post
    TT, Where did you stay at Neels Gap? Did they have a tv? What time of year was it? were you cold in your sleeping bag on the ridge south of Blood Mt? What rating of bag did you have then? Were you in a tent? Did you ever get knee problems?
    Stayed at Walasi-Yi, of course. It was early April. If there was a TV, I missed it. I had some generic down bag from Hermans (a sporting-goods chain.) Warm enough except for one or two nights (eg. at Muskrat Creek shelter.) No knee problems, I have short stubby legs and I ski and hike alot. I was warm in my tent & bag on that night on the ridge near Jarrard Gap... but the wind was howling. My tent was covered with frozen rain in the morning & my water bottles were frozen solid. No big deal, except for the midnight nature break.

++ New Posts ++