WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble Puppy View Post
    LOL. So the earth is 6000 years old, created by God by using 60 million year old rocks. Um does anybody else see a flaw in this logic?
    It makes sense in a left-handed kind of way.

I *think* it's saying that rocks have a 60 million year gestational period and were actually "born" 6 thousand years ago.

2010 complete

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    It makes sense in a left-handed kind of way.

I *think* it's saying that rocks have a 60 million year gestational period and were actually "born" 6 thousand years ago.
    When Adam was created, was he 1 day old, or 30 years? His body analysis says years.

Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    When Adam was created, was he 1 day old, or 30 years? His body analysis says years.
    I hope you are just trying to pull peoples legs here. Adams body analysis? Um please tell me where Adams body is being kept and when this analysis was done and by whom. This is certainly news to me.

2010 complete

I hope you are just trying to pull peoples legs here. Adams body analysis? Um please tell me where Adams body is being kept and when this analysis was done and by whom. This is certainly news to me.
    no, it's in those fairy tales you refer. Just trying to explain my left handed logic. Hey, quit trying to push your disbelief on me!

Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    no, it's in those fairy tales you refer. Just trying to explain my left handed logic. Hey, quit trying to push your disbelief on me!
    The topic was brought up and we are just talkin'. You are free to say what you wish, as am I, and we can each choose whether or not we want to read the posts or not and if whether or not we wish to respond. No hard feelings. As long as we are talking about Adam though, Adam was given free will. It was his choice to eat the apple that the talking snake convinced Eve to eat right? God is omnipotent and omniscient. All powerful and all knowing right? My question is if everything that ever was, is or will be is already known by God, how then can our choices by made freely? The outcome is already determined. It is a paradox and a very fatalistic view if you ask me.

Di-Tryn
    Images

Default Time

My question is if everything that ever was, is or will be is already known by God, how then can our choices by made freely? The outcome is already determined. It is a paradox and a very fatalistic view if you ask me.
    Imagine the Creator of all things. At that moment of creation, time started, as you and I know time. The Creator of all things (God) having created and consequently *started* time, is by definition as it's creator, *outside* of time, and see's the beginning, the middle, and the end.

Quote Originally Posted by toccoaspinner View Post
    Imagine the Creator of all things. At that moment of creation, time started, as you and I know time. The Creator of all things (God) having created and consequently *started* time, is by definition as it's creator, *outside* of time, and see's the beginning, the middle, and the end.
    Time is the linear progression of events. Time does not exist if there is no change. Therefore, for something to exist outside of time, it would have to be completly static. Never changing in any way, shape, form, movement or thought. Frozen in time as it were.

Who or what created the creator? I can no more belive this creator spontainously came into extistance and decided to produce the universe than you can belive the universe spontainously came into existance on it's own as an explosion of energy. Everything that has happened since is the direct result of the physical laws established in the first instints of this explosion.

Where did the energy need to create our universe come from? That is the last unknown question. If some intelligence caused this to happen, it must exist outside our universe, and therefore can have no knowlage of what happens inside this one. If anything exists outside our universe, time must also exist.

Oh boy, now I'm guilty of "witnessing" my beliefs. Sorry.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

++ New Posts ++