Quote Originally Posted by Brian3211 View Post
So what your saying is go on a thru hike, find a hole in the wall job and save your money and then next year go on another trip like say the PCT? I have considered doing this but not sure how it would work out. Has anyone done this before? Did everything go smoothly?
LOL. I probably know at least a dozen thru-hikers that live this way. Although, I would say the majority of those that do this don't consider themselves as having a "hole in the wall job." Most of the ones I know, including myself, know they can always find work somewhere and live frugally. It's not all that hard when you have a certain mind set, some employable skills, and opt for a non-status quo lifestyle. Of course, you don't have guarantees on how this will work out or if it even will work out but that's not going to stop all people when they know they have the ability to always land on their feet and take things in stride. How many guarantees do you think you really have in life?

Did everything go smoothly? There are always bumps in the road and challenges in life. They are inevitable, NO MATTER WHICH ROAD YOU TAKE.