WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Poll: Based on your own past experience with giardia, do you see a link between the existen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gotta agree with Weary (we are near the End Times). All that squirts ain't Giardia. The short acute gastroenteritis could have been from just about anything.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orangebug View Post
    Gotta agree with Weary (we are near the End Times). All that squirts ain't Giardia. The short acute gastroenteritis could have been from just about anything.
    Come on, OB, I agree with all of your medical opinions -- and most of your political opinions. Us semi-liberals need to stop bickering over nonsensical matters.

Weary

Quote Originally Posted by orangebug View Post
    I agree with the above also. I got the exact symptoms after hiking the Bonds in New Hampshire (and camping at Camp 16, which is heavily used, and drinking untreated water),
    but since I never saw a doctor about it, and hence never had a positive test, I can't honestly say I had it for sure (though I believe with all my heart I did).

Bloating, belching, projectile vomit and runs, fever, extreme fatigue....

YUCK!
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Default eewwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    I agree with the above also. I got the exact symptoms after hiking the Bonds in New Hampshire (and camping at Camp 16, which is heavily used, and drinking untreated water),
    but since I never saw a doctor about it, and hence never had a positive test, I can't honestly say I had it for sure (though I believe with all my heart I did).

Bloating, belching, projectile vomit and runs, fever, extreme fatigue....

YUCK!
    Gee, sounds just like the 10 days we spent in Guatemala.......and it kept coming back for two weeks afterwards. No we didn't drink the water but when you shower some gets in your mouth no matter how hard you try to keep it out.......and we ate some fresh salsa (uncooked veggies). Ahhh, the memories. Good times, good times..........
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

http://www.myspace.com/officialbillville Mountain Dew's Avatar

Default hhmmm

You didn't have giardia. You ate something or perhaps had dirty hands when you ate something that gave you a really bad upset stomach. Giardia involves not only a severe upset stomach, but throwing up and the meanest case of the poo's that you have ever witnessed. Oh and making it go away in 12 hours isn't possible.
    THE Mairnttt...Boys of Dryland '03 (an unplanned Billville suburb)
    http://www.AT2003.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.myspace.com/hudson_hartson

++ New Posts ++