WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    [Lilred;473374]thin soles won't cut it for me since I suffer from plantar fascitis. I need the thick plastic sole of a Croc. It's the only shoe I have that comforts the pain. I Love my crocs....
    Lilred,
    What do you do for this? Do you have it constantly, or does it just flare up periodically? I, too, suffer at times and "taping" the bottom of my foot and stretching is the only relief. Absolutely cannot wear a soft sole shoe.

-Bolo[/QUOTE]

Bolo,
    Mine flairs up too. I'll be limping and in lots of pain and if I put on my crocs the pain and limp go away immediately. It really is amazing. My doc says it's cause of the hard thick plastic. Makes good arch support.

I also have a pair of custom orthotics. The kind that need to be warmed up and molded to your arch. Cost about $90, but you'll never need to get another pair, and they are formed to you. I had them fitted while wearing my hiking boots. My doc heated it, put it in my boot, and I tied it up and stood there for a few minutes as it molded. They work great. Also, if it starts hurting while hiking, put the arch of your foot on a root that's sticking up across the trail and just rock back and forth for awhile. That works too. I've heard of people taking a rope and putting it under the arch while pulling on the rope. The crocs are the best relief tho.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Is 7.2 oz pretty good for a camp shoe weight? It's 7.2 oz total or 3.6 oz for each shoe.

++ New Posts ++