There's a lot of good suggestions on that list. Some contrary opinions can be found in the forums. But he did open it up for discussion. I don't think it needs to be open to committee, but most articles before publishing get reviews. For this, and some of the other articles planned, why not open it up to some limited review, and allow the authors to either accept or reject any suggestions. Then the finished article could be placed somewhere prominent.

These are my thoughts.
1. I don't carry a tent anymore except in the winter, but I do bring the groundcloth then for the sole reason of protecting the bottom because the tent was expensive. Suggested change: Note that a ground cloth will protect the bottom of the tent, but it is a big weight penalty.

2. I also use titanium cup ($15, 2oz) as a second pot, so someone interested in side dishes (couscous or instant rice with dinner) might find it useful. Plus I use it for hot drinks when my pot is still dirty, and as a protective location for goodies look a tomato or avocado the first night out of town. But I know that most just boil water. Certainly don't take a cup like my old stainless steel one, I think it weighed 7-8 ozs! I personally wouldn't put anything hot into anything plastic other than a Nalgene, but I generally don't carry one anymore. Suggestion: If you enjoy hot beverages and/or cook extensively a very lightweight titanium cup can serve as a second pot.

3. Platypus containers are very light. Rather than saying don't carry one, say don't fill it up all the way if it is high capacity. I carry three: 1, 2.5, and 3l with a hose. They weigh 7.3 oz with the hose, or 0.6, 2.5, and 4.2 ounces respectively. I carry the one liter because I find it easier to drink in camp, and all three so that if I want to stay at a dry camp I can. I would not fill all three up and start the day. Suggestion: Do not carry more than 2 liters of water unless you have a very good reason to (big person, long dry stretch). The weight penalty is ~2.2 pounds/liter.

And of course, as I always tell folks I review for, take it or leave it.