WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Crowds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've often wondered this my self,and have come to the same conclusion,if you want to get lost....there's room for that.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I've often wondered this my self,and have come to the same conclusion,if you want to get lost....there's room for that.
    I read folk's journals and their bitching about crowded shelters, snoring, moving about, phones, etc, etc, etc.......

I want to scream at them, "YOU CHOSE TO BE THERE!!!"
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I read folk's journals and their bitching about crowded shelters, snoring, moving about, phones, etc, etc, etc.......

I want to scream at them, "YOU CHOSE TO BE THERE!!!"
    Yep,some of the journals I've read ,I just scratch my head,not about yucky rain today or the bad food,but the incessant whining,I just don't get that either.I know this is a bit of a reach,but it's one that has stuck with me over the years.When I wrestled in high school,coach you to say,can't hack,"get pinned"!

You will only rarely have complete solitiude if you choose to use the shelter system or camp at established campsites. You're going to pass people throughout the day and people are going to pass you. But if you don't stay at shelters you'll probably see 1/2 dozen people a day. Reason being is you can be an hour ahead of someone or an hour behind them and if you are hiking at about the same pace you'll never meet. So there can be 30 people on the trail within a day's walk of where you're at and you'll only ever encounter a few of them. Beyond that you'll encounter people as you choose to.

++ New Posts ++