WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Zoom zoom zoom

Oct 19, 2012

You think you are moving along at a good speed because you just passed some older gentleman with a limp when out of no where. Zoom Zoom Zoom, there she goes, someone else who just pass two older gentlemen with limps. (Yes I am one of them) Anyway, this morning as I was getting in my five miles I realized how far I have to go to reach my goal. Watching her speed by me twice (the trail is only 1.25 miles so you have to repeat it in order to get in mileage) before I made ...
  2. How great is it when your family comes out and helps you with your goals.

Oct 18 2012

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadow hike.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	17815

Rushing home hoping to get in my five miles today after taking care of some business for most of the day. I find our oldest boy with our youngest grandson waiting on me to go start the five mile walk with me. With support like this, surely any person’s goals could be made to be much more enjoyable.

Updated 10-18-2012 at 20:45 by Sman

Categories
    From Plump and Sluggish to Slim and Swift
  3. Reality was I had 10,560 more feet to go plus on top of that rain

Oct 17, 2013

Made the five miles this morning, but right at that three mile mark is when I hit the wall and wish the truck was just steps away. Reality was I had 10,560 more feet to go plus on top of that rain; it was not calling for rain. Oh well, I got wet but my feet were not sore today.

Updated 10-18-2012 at 19:58 by Sman

Categories
    From Plump and Sluggish to Slim and Swift
  4. First Post

Joined White Blaze today and this is my first post. I am planning on a mid-March approach trail start.
    Thru-hiking the AT has been a dream of mine for years and come this March a dream will have the chance to become reality.
    Good luck to all and I hope to see you out there.

Updated 10-17-2012 at 00:50 by Gweejo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. AT history question

On the approach trail just behind the Visitors Center at the arch stands a small stone "monument" with the old AT logo inscribed. Does anyone know the history of this? My son is doing a school paper on the AT and would like to include some information about this. Thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized