WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Too much drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nat View Post
    I really like this site and am glad I discovered it. Whatever info you need, it's on here somewhere. I like the people, all of you. Folks looking to venture into the woods for the first time, folks with tens of thousands of hiking miles behind them, folks with common sense, wisdom, intellect, it's all here.

I like the information posts, the stories, the sense of friendship and community, and even the drama. I can't imagine how hard it must be for the mods to keep some degree of balance, but I think they do a good job.

My Dad was a plain man. A truck driver and crane operator. One of the most remarkable things I remember about him is that everything he said or did showed respect. He responded to me with "yes sir" or "no sir". He responded to strangers the same. I remember that response directed to little children. He was southern so for ladies, yes, it was "mam". He often told my Brother and I that every person is valuable and the good in them can be seen if you look hard enough in the right place. Two years ago, after a long illness, he passed away quietly in his sleep. I learned far too little from him.

If I ever fail to demonstrate respect and appreciation here, or on the trail, or in town please bring it to my attention so that I may address it.

I enjoy everyone here and value the wisdom, knowledge, and plain association with people who enjoy walking in the woods like I do. If I don't agree with you, I still respect your knowledge, experience, and wisdom.

Rasty, You're quite a guy for posting your statement. OzJacko, I really liked the statement about lubricating! How true. There have been a lot of good posts on this thread. It may help change some of our outlooks. In any case, thank all of you for your posts, they provide me with information, ideas, and entertainment and none of this even costs me a dime.
    This, my friend, is an AWESOME post!! Wow!!! There has been many powerful and truthful posts on here as well. pyroman53- another great one!!

The paragraph about your Dad is the BEST!! How lucky, for you, to have such a good role model in your father. I know you must miss him terribly. My Mom also taught me the same thing your Dad taught you. "Every person is valuable and if you look hard enough and in the right place you will see the good in them"... AMEN!!
    Can I echo the same thing that you just said about demonstrateing respect and appreication? I am truly sorry for not always showing respect for everyone on here and if I don't show respect, from this day forward, I want someone to call me on it, right away.

I think I could agree with you about the drama piece if I hadn't been the "target" of one of the dramic threads, coming right out of the shoot...It still makes me mad that it happened to me because I thought I was being extra careful NOT to post anything that sounded alarming so I wouldn't draw attention to myself. The last thing I wanted was all the attention my thread recieved. *Ouch* My "outbursts" since then have been pent up feelings about rude and disrespectful remarks towards me and others. Here's hoping that Rasty's post will change some of our outlooks. Thanks againg for your post, Capt Nat

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Why yes, I think you may be right. I didn't use that form of that word on purpose but, YES!!- Girls could be drama QUEENS and guys dramatic(not in a good way) KINGS. You knew what my typo meant, right?
    No, I thought girly-man hikers had their own designation. I figured that since the "ic" rhymes with...well, you know what I mean.

Images

Google dramic.

http://dramic.com/
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
    No, I thought girly-man hikers had their own designation. I figured that since the "ic" rhymes with...well, you know what I mean.
    LOL.... Ok well see then we just made up a new word for *ick then... It's dramic. Tell someone they are a dramic and then won't get mad at you but you can still say how you feel about them. (in code) Haha!!
    Also, I must really like that word "dramic" .. I just mispelled it AGAIN in my other post... Gray Blazer... the google search is GREAT!!! Who knew?

[QUOTE=HikerMomKD;1334511]I'm a yankee who lives in the south. I'm loving it!! QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Drybones;1334772]
    Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    I'm a yankee who lives in the south. I'm loving it!! QUOTE]
    Mom...do you know the difference in a yankee and a damned yankee?...............................a yankee comes to visit.......................a damned yankee comes and stays........welcome!

[QUOTE=Drybones;1334773]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post

Mom...do you know the difference in a yankee and a damned yankee?...............................a yankee comes to visit.......................a damned yankee comes and stays........welcome!
    And by the way...your livin in my favorite part of the country, lived in Roanoke for five years, spent a lot of time on the New and James Rivers and the national forest around Daleville.

[QUOTE=Drybones;1334774]

And by the way...your livin in my favorite part of the country, lived in Roanoke for five years, spent a lot of time on the New and James Rivers and the national forest around Daleville.
    Haha!! I've never heard of that before... welp, I'm a damned yankee then. I am 100% yankee 2. Both my parents are Yanks. Mom is from NH. Dad is from NY. Thanks for the welcome and Yes, I've called Roanoke home for over 20 years now. I love this valley. That is so cool that you, yourself, lived here for 5 years. Do you ever come back for a visit? Do you have family or any ties here? If you ever come back to the area, we should hang out for coffee or something. I love my yankee roots and I'm proud- BUT I love the South and the people here... so friendly and I still LOVE to hear them talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nat View Post
    I really like this site and am glad I discovered it. Whatever info you need, it's on here somewhere. I like the people, all of you. Folks looking to venture into the woods for the first time, folks with tens of thousands of hiking miles behind them, folks with common sense, wisdom, intellect, it's all here.

I like the information posts, the stories, the sense of friendship and community, and even the drama. I can't imagine how hard it must be for the mods to keep some degree of balance, but I think they do a good job.

My Dad was a plain man. A truck driver and crane operator. One of the most remarkable things I remember about him is that everything he said or did showed respect. He responded to me with "yes sir" or "no sir". He responded to strangers the same. I remember that response directed to little children. He was southern so for ladies, yes, it was "mam". He often told my Brother and I that every person is valuable and the good in them can be seen if you look hard enough in the right place. Two years ago, after a long illness, he passed away quietly in his sleep. I learned far too little from him.

If I ever fail to demonstrate respect and appreciation here, or on the trail, or in town please bring it to my attention so that I may address it.

I enjoy everyone here and value the wisdom, knowledge, and plain association with people who enjoy walking in the woods like I do. If I don't agree with you, I still respect your knowledge, experience, and wisdom.

Rasty, You're quite a guy for posting your statement. OzJacko, I really liked the statement about lubricating! How true. There have been a lot of good posts on this thread. It may help change some of our outlooks. In any case, thank all of you for your posts, they provide me with information, ideas, and entertainment and none of this even costs me a dime.
    Your dad was a wise man - truly gifted.

Images

Sometimes old threads hold a lot of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    +1..............

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    Funny that I never saw this thread before. I was definitely lurking at the time.
    Reading through it, I learned a bit more about a handful of WB personalities.
    Sad to see several names in the thread that appear to be no longer active.

Wow... blast from the past! I felt so vulnerable and insecure back then. It was def. survival mode for me. My first forum ever.

I wanted to be liked by everyone. I wanted to be everybody's friend. That's impossible.

Now, I just want everyone to feel welcome here & not feel afraid to post, if they want too.

I love the . I like meeting new people! It was fun reading this thread. :0)

The drama will continue as long as we have breath. I will continue to try not to be a part of it. The best we can do is try.

My advice is to figure out the ones that you don't get along with, either they don't like you or you don't care for them.
    Then, avoid interacting with them out of sheer will or put them on ignore. I like ignore b/c it's a visual reminder that they aren't a person you want to interact with. If someone asks you to put them on ignore, it makes your job that much easier.

But , I will add, putting anyone on ignore is bitter sweet. Definitely more bitter than sweet for me.

I also believe that it's not so much that we can't agree/agree to disagree on issue's but this form of communication leaves something to be desired. It's been said so many times before by many people and it's true.

It's also true that I have typed things to someone I would NEVER say to their face. That's not cool. Luv y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58 View Post
    Wow... blast from the past! I felt so vulnerable and insecure back then. It was def. survival mode for me. My first forum ever.

I wanted to be liked by everyone. I wanted to be everybody's friend. That's impossible.

Now, I just want everyone to feel welcome here & not feel afraid to post, if they want too.

I love the . I like meeting new people! It was fun reading this thread. :0)

The drama will continue as long as we have breath. I will continue to try not to be a part of it. The best we can do is try.

My advice is to figure out the ones that you don't get along with, either they don't like you or you don't care for them.
    Then, avoid interacting with them out of sheer will or put them on ignore. I like ignore b/c it's a visual reminder that they aren't a person you want to interact with. If someone asks you to put them on ignore, it makes your job that much easier.

But , I will add, putting anyone on ignore is bitter sweet. Definitely more bitter than sweet for me.

I also believe that it's not so much that we can't agree/agree to disagree on issue's but this form of communication leaves something to be desired. It's been said so many times before by many people and it's true.

It's also true that I have typed things to someone I would NEVER say to their face. That's not cool. Luv y'all.
    You will always be part of the drama. Thats why we love you.

As a new member I have found this site very helpful. I do soak in all the advice and trail wisdom. Maybe I'm not reading between the lines deep enough, because I sense everybody here is pleasant and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnbones View Post
    As a new member I have found this site very helpful. I do soak in all the advice and trail wisdom. Maybe I'm not reading between the lines deep enough, because I sense everybody here is pleasant and friendly.
    HikerMom is meeeeaaaan. Don't let her fool you.

Sierra, clear your mailbox! How can we continue with our chat drama if your mailbox is full?
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Sierra, clear your mailbox! How can we continue with our chat drama if your mailbox is full?
    Whoops! Sorry, Teacher! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by canoe View Post
    You will always be part of the drama. Thats why we love you.
    I see the makings of a trail name.....how about.......DramaMamma.

I see the makings of a trail name.....how about.......DramaMamma.
    That would be a good one.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++