User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

The DeafGuy

Bounce box

Thread Starter: The DeafGuy

Hey everyone! New guy sorta speak so bare w/me if you will. I did a quick search but didnít see my question so here goes ... I have to take meds on a

Last Post By: Captain Panda Today, 18:40 Go to last post
    Storminnorman

Glasses

Thread Starter: Storminnorman

Looking for possible recommendations for bringing glasses on the trail. I think I would want something other than the thinner more delicate frames. Normally

Last Post By: 4eyedbuzzard Today, 18:25 Go to last post
    peakbagger

The Perch campsite overcrowding

Thread Starter: peakbagger

The December RMC newsletter has a comment with respect to the Perch campsite that they are monitoring the overcrowding and resultant user created overflow

Last Post By: coach lou Today, 18:11 Go to last post
    SkeeterPee

Quilt + sleeping bag?

Thread Starter: SkeeterPee

I have a 20 deg bag and 40 deg quilt. Together, Enlightened Equipment says they should be similar to a 0 deg bag.

I was trying which way

Last Post By: JPritch Today, 17:36 Go to last post
    Rowdy Yates

WTB: 40 degree Quilt

Thread Starter: Rowdy Yates

I am searching for a 40 degree down quilt to help increase the warmth of my Montbell 20 degree down bag. What do you recommend?

Last Post By: CalebJ Today, 17:04 Go to last post
    lager

2020 Thru-Hike Georgia to Maine

Thread Starter: lager

I will be attempting a thru-hike in March 2020 starting in Georgia. Does anyone else have plans at this time? It might be too early to ask. I will be

Last Post By: Axis Today, 16:35 Go to last post